And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 14, 2016, 06:01:04 AM

Yeah, I think this is probably new depths. Things you post that you think are funny that are masquerading as if they are real.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on September 14, 2016, 03:46:57 AM
And the rollout of New Trump continues.  ^_^

QuoteDonald Trump will call for six weeks of paid maternity leave for new mothers in a Tuesday policy address, breaking with GOP orthodoxy.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/295608-trump-to-call-for-six-weeks-paid-maternity-leave

:lol:

QuoteThe campaign said the plan is "deficit-neutral" when taken in concert with Trump's larger tax plan.

"How do you plan to pay for this?"
"By not paying for it."

garbon

I might have missed it as I was quite busy yesterday but did we discuss Colin Powell's hacked emails where he put Trump on blast?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2016, 06:20:49 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 14, 2016, 03:46:57 AM
And the rollout of New Trump continues.  ^_^

QuoteDonald Trump will call for six weeks of paid maternity leave for new mothers in a Tuesday policy address, breaking with GOP orthodoxy.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/295608-trump-to-call-for-six-weeks-paid-maternity-leave

QuoteThe campaign said the plan is "deficit-neutral" when taken in concert with Trump's larger tax plan.

"How do you plan to pay for this?"
"By not paying for it."

Facts don't matter at this point. What matters is that Trump deployed Ivanka when he rolled this out.

It blows my mind, Trump is running unopposed at this point while Hillary is issuing oaths and imprecations against a cartoon frog from her sickbed.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Hillary will be just well enough to stand trial when a Trump Justice Department convicts her, unfortunately.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Everything hinges on the debates now. All Trump has to do is go on stage and look remotely presidential while not calling Hillary a cunt to her face (tall order for him, I know  :lol:) while Hill just has to stay conscious long enough for her Weekend at Bernie's crew to not tire out.

America  :lol:  :cry: :moon:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

I wonder if the concerns about Clinton's health will actually sway any actual voters.

The LOLZTROLLZ love it of course, but they are firmly in Trump's brownshirt brigade already.

For the vast majority who "support" Clinton because Trump is such a dangerous concept, her health would not, I expect, move the meter one bit.

I would vote for Hillary Clinton in a coma over Trump. I would certainly vote for Tim Kaine over Trump, so the idea that Hillary might - what? Die? Zombie Hillary would be better than Trump, and Kaine would be better than Trump, and whoever comes after Kaine would be better than Trump, and randomly selected American is almost certainly better than Trump - I would be willing to roll the dice on Random US Citizen rather than Trump.

Of course, my problem is that I think this is about reasoning and consideration, rather than LOLZORS, so shame on me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Legbiter

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 14, 2016, 07:21:46 AM
Everything hinges on the debates now. All Trump has to do is go on stage and look remotely presidential while not calling Hillary a cunt to her face (tall order for him, I know  :lol:) while Hill just has to stay conscious long enough for her Weekend at Bernie's crew to not tire out.

America  :lol:  :cry: :moon:

Yeah they've set the bar so low for Trump that if he just shows up and dosen't bite her throat out he's good.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on September 14, 2016, 07:29:34 AM
I wonder if the concerns about Clinton's health will actually sway any actual voters.

The LOLZTROLLZ love it of course, but they are firmly in Trump's brownshirt brigade already.

For the vast majority who "support" Clinton because Trump is such a dangerous concept, her health would not, I expect, move the meter one bit.

I would vote for Hillary Clinton in a coma over Trump. I would certainly vote for Tim Kaine over Trump, so the idea that Hillary might - what? Die? Zombie Hillary would be better than Trump, and Kaine would be better than Trump, and whoever comes after Kaine would be better than Trump, and randomly selected American is almost certainly better than Trump - I would be willing to roll the dice on Random US Citizen rather than Trump.

Of course, my problem is that I think this is about reasoning and consideration, rather than LOLZORS, so shame on me.

Trump better hope Hillary is healthy.  If she just drops dead tomorrow, he's shit out a luck.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Well guys do you think we can last to election day, given the current level of 'discourse'?

Or will increasing numbers of us succumb to cerebral implosions?  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on September 14, 2016, 08:28:10 AM
Well guys do you think we can last to election day, given the current level of 'discourse'?

Or will increasing numbers of us succumb to cerebral implosions?  :P

If Hillary regains a comfortable lead, it will all be fine here.  If Trump remains within striking distance, though--  :berkut:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 14, 2016, 08:23:32 AM
Quote from: Berkut on September 14, 2016, 07:29:34 AM

Trump better hope Hillary is healthy.  If she just drops dead tomorrow, he's shit out a luck.

I love the anti-Trump people. Not only his campaign is imploding, the worst that could happen to him is his opponent dying. :D