News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I'm assuming he doesn't exploit / employ any of them currently as he lives in America.

But to the point, he wasn't a stereotypical everest climber showing up inexperienced and unprepared. He has done some other serious climbing without the heavy support available on everest, such as denali, vinson (the highest mountain in antarctica), and the cartenz pyramid (a reasonably remote mountain in the indonesian portion of new guinea).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

I guess he coughs less than Hillary, but otherwise his mountain climbs and triathlons seem irrelevant to his political acumen.

derspiess

Seems like he's had less head trauma than Hillary.  That's kind of a plus.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/sep/08/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debate-preview-campaign-election-live

QuoteJohnson, faced with choice of Trump or Clinton, prefers death

Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson is having quite a media day. He has told a host of the talk show The View that if he had to pick between Clinton and Trump with a gun to his head, death please
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

What else is he going to say?  That was a stupid question.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2016, 11:29:04 AM

Agreed. But you know, what else would one expect out of Joy Behar/The View?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2016, 11:30:47 AM

Now that you mention it, I guess I'd expect even worse :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nL7gol2KPc

derspiess

In today's mail I received to forms to request absentee ballots.  SHITS GETTING REAL

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2016, 11:36:15 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2016, 11:30:47 AM

Now that you mention it, I guess I'd expect even worse :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nL7gol2KPc

Where's Whoopie???

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on September 08, 2016, 09:10:23 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2016, 07:19:52 AM
Meanwhile, in the "I'm not A Republican I'm a Libertarian because that sounds better so let's just smoke dope" hideout--

The dude climbed everest and finished an iron man in under 11 hours. He does a lot more than just smoke dope.

Still proves that Libertarians are granola and birkenstocks fruitcakes.

garbon

Humans of New York made space for Hil.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/hillary-clinton-humans-of-new-york-post?utm_term=.mbO5D1kjN#.bhKDRJ8Gw

Quote"I was taking a law school admissions test in a big classroom at Harvard. My friend and I were some of the only women in the room. I was feeling nervous. I was a senior in college. I wasn't sure how well I'd do. And while we're waiting for the exam to start, a group of men began to yell things like: 'You don't need to be here.' And 'There's plenty else you can do.' It turned into a real 'pile on.' One of them even said: 'If you take my spot, I'll get drafted, and I'll go to Vietnam, and I'll die.' And they weren't kidding around. It was intense. It got very personal. But I couldn't respond. I couldn't afford to get distracted because I didn't want to mess up the test. So I just kept looking down, hoping that the proctor would walk in the room. I know that I can be perceived as aloof or cold or unemotional. But I had to learn as a young woman to control my emotions. And that's a hard path to walk. Because you need to protect yourself, you need to keep steady, but at the same time you don't want to seem 'walled off.' And sometimes I think I come across more in the 'walled off' arena. And if I create that perception, then I take responsibility. I don't view myself as cold or unemotional. And neither do my friends. And neither does my family. But if that sometimes is the perception I create, then I can't blame people for thinking that."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2016, 01:15:14 PM
In today's mail I received to forms to request absentee ballots.  SHITS GETTING REAL

Do we still have an understanding Speesh?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2016, 01:15:14 PM

So when is early voting for Argentina, anyway?

ME GUSTA JUNTA 2016

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2016, 02:19:45 PM
Do we still have an understanding Speesh?

What was that?  :unsure:

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2016, 02:58:11 PM
So when is early voting for Argentina, anyway?

ME GUSTA JUNTA 2016

We Argentines finally have a president we can be proud of.  If only I could get my hacienda built sooner...

Admiral Yi