News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2016, 11:46:08 AM
What's the deal with Hillary's coughing?

Dunno. She looks to be in very poor health. If this was a Stephen King novel her Faustian bargain with Satan would be heading for a reckoning in the hereafter.  ^_^

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Zanza

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2016, 12:49:26 PM

Jacob is right, so no need for your implied facepalm. You've bought the Trump and Republican character slight of Clinton hook, line and sinker and you are posting and reposting it here time and again. You are a "useful idiot". People like you are the bedrock of every populist campaign. Well-meaning, considering themselves upstanding citizens, but just parroting what the populists tell them.

Sad, to say it in Trump's words.

Legbiter

Wait we're burning BB at the stake because he pointed out Clinton's a corrupt incompetent?

Zanza

Quote from: Legbiter on September 06, 2016, 03:31:28 PM
Wait we're burning BB at the stake because he pointed out Clinton's a corrupt incompetent?
Pointing out your infantile TRUMP FOR THE LULZ is kinda pointless. BB is at least a serious, valued poster that usually has respectable views.

Legbiter

Quote from: Zanza on September 06, 2016, 03:33:08 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on September 06, 2016, 03:31:28 PM
Pointing out your infantile TRUMP FOR THE LULZ is kinda pointless. BB is at least a serious, valued poster that usually has respectable views.

Well considering Clinton cited concussion to FBI as reason why she violated State Dept. protocol BB probably was being easy on her.

The Minsky Moment

Here's one criticism of HC that holds: she is a shitty campaigner when she has a lead.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2016, 01:39:44 PM
Since apparently I need to burnish my #NeverTrump credentials...

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/09/06/fox-settle-gretchen-carlson-20m-include-apology/

So apparently Roger Ailes behaviour was so boorish, and Gretchen Carlson's proof of such so strong, that Fox News is going to pay her $20 million dollars AND issue a public apology.

Yet there's been nary a peep question why Roger Ailes is going to be a senior advisor for the Trump campaign?  Shouldn't any normal politician want nothing to do with Ailes at this point?

[Hulk Hogan's Lawyer] Roger Ailes is completely innocent, Fox News is paying blackmail because they are craven and the Murdoch kids resent Roger [/Hulk Hogan's Lawyer]

See there is always some PR line to play.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on September 06, 2016, 03:28:49 PM
Jacob is right, so no need for your implied facepalm. You've bought the Trump and Republican character slight of Clinton hook, line and sinker and you are posting and reposting it here time and again. You are a "useful idiot". People like you are the bedrock of every populist campaign. Well-meaning, considering themselves upstanding citizens, but just parroting what the populists tell them.

I've never mentioned the word "Benghazi".  I haven't questioned Clinton's health.  Despite calling her a crook I haven't suggested she should be "locked up".

I call 'em as I see 'em, and don't parrot anyone else's words.

So you can take your "useful idiot" monicker and shove it up your ass. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

It occurred to me that out there in the multiverse there is a timeline in which Trump runs for president for the Democrats and right now he's squaring off against Jeb!

Wonder what languish is thinking there?  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 06, 2016, 03:42:30 PM
Here's one criticism of HC that holds: she is a shitty campaigner when she has a lead.

Marty Schottenheimer played better prevent defense.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2016, 03:49:01 PM
Quote from: Zanza on September 06, 2016, 03:28:49 PM

I've never mentioned the word "Benghazi".  I haven't questioned Clinton's health.  Despite calling her a crook I haven't suggested she should be "locked up".

I call 'em as I see 'em, and don't parrot anyone else's words.

So you can take your "useful idiot" monicker and shove it up your ass. :)

You accused her of being an exceptionally crooked politician, implying that she is much more crooked than others of her stature. Indeed, I think you accused her of being one the most crooked poltiicians ever.

There is no possible way you can be Trumpeting that line and have it be you "calling it as you see 'em" unless you have some personal knowledge of Clinton the rest of us are lacking. The only source of such claims are in fact the "everyone else's words" you so proudly do not parrot while you scream them over and over and over again, as if you were getting a check from Roger Ailes himself. Your "own words" sound exactly like Fox News and a Trump soundbite.

"useful idiot"? I dunno, but it is something, that is for sure. No rational evaluation of Clinton's career could conclude that she is unusually dishonest or corrupt.

The entire political class she is a part of is corrupt, and I am right with you on that. But you aren't saying that - you are claiming SHE is particularly corrupt.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Legbiter

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 06, 2016, 03:42:30 PM

It's hilarious to think about. She's triangulated herself into Jeb!

Sheilbh

Broadly with BB and have been since at least 2008. That doesn't change the fact she's an almost unbelievably superior candidate to Trump.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Do you foreign types ever get a chance to watch the campaign commercials?

Newest Clinton PAC "Trump is Batshit Cray-Cray" commercial from Priority USA

http://youtu.be/6-FUfMRgbWU

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2016, 04:50:45 PM
Do you foreign types ever get a chance to watch the campaign commercials?

Newest Clinton PAC "Trump is Batshit Cray-Cray" commercial from Priority USA

http://youtu.be/6-FUfMRgbWU

That sorta turns me on. And shockingly, I haven't seen that one before.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive