News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 28, 2016, 10:45:02 AM
Nah he lives out in the country at some undisclosed location. Though I think you are close-ish to Louisville right Cal?
Roughly halfway between Louisville and Lexington.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

I disagree with that Vickers article: the gap in national security qualifications between the two major party candidates is actually greater than at any time since 1988--at least Stevenson was an ambassador.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 28, 2016, 02:09:18 PM
I disagree with that Vickers article: the gap in national security qualifications between the two major party candidates is actually greater than at any time since 1988--at least Stevenson was an ambassador.

Okay, Hillary's email scandal was bad, but it wasn't *that* bad.  She and Trump are both weak national security candidates.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on July 28, 2016, 02:39:52 PM

Okay, Hillary's email scandal was bad, but it wasn't *that* bad.  She and Trump are both weak national security candidates.

You think they are equally bad?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2016, 10:34:25 AM
I don't understand these polls.  I don't know one person who would consider voting for Trump and isn't in fact horrified by the prospect of a President Trump... and I live in Kentucky.

I've met a number of people who are so horrified by the prospect of a Hilary presidency that they plan to vote for Trump.  (That view seems especially prevalent where I've been working in rural Michigan; although I've met some Bernie Bros out there too.)  Here in small-town Florida I've met quite a few people who are enthusiastic for Trump.  Also, inexplicably, the Cubans seem to love Trump.  Even Marco Rubio has gotten in on the act, promising to keep immigrants from Muslim countries out in his Senate campaign.  Fortunately, here in Florida, we have real choice in our Senate race.  Aut Sol Invictus, aut nihil.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Jacob

Quote from: Phillip V on July 28, 2016, 01:02:04 PM
People have been saying to ignore Trump in the polls as a fluke for over a year now.

Yeah, I wouldn't be complacent about Trump's campaign.

FunkMonk

I don't think the dems are being complacent about Trump. They seem to be taking him deadly seriously.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

During my travels today, I seem to notice a lot more Trump signs springing up. Even saw a few in the bastion of Marxism, Yellow Springs.

Not one Hillary sign. A few old Bernie ones though.

The cunt needs to step up her ground game in Ohio.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 28, 2016, 02:39:52 PM

Yeah, I kinda figured you'd say that.  But, since you're going to insist on that line of thinking, we'll just cut out her 8 years as First Cunt and her 4 years as Secuntary of State for you.  8 years on the Armed Services Committee and 8 years on the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe still zeroes out The Donald.

Trump couldn't even deal with Leona Helmsley. 

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 28, 2016, 05:49:08 PM
During my travels today, I seem to notice a lot more Trump signs springing up. Even saw a few in the bastion of Marxism, Yellow Springs.

Ohio sounds cool
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on July 28, 2016, 03:34:45 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 28, 2016, 01:02:04 PM
People have been saying to ignore Trump in the polls as a fluke for over a year now.

Yeah, I wouldn't be complacent about Trump's campaign.

I fully expect him to be the next President of the United States. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 28, 2016, 07:03:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 28, 2016, 05:49:08 PM

Ohio sounds cool

I would buy you an ice cream at Young's Dairy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive