News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Trump shitting on the family of a fallen soldier is just bizarre.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 31, 2016, 07:56:01 AM

Democrats (although, admittedly, not Hillary herself) shat more on the mother of the Benghazi soldier after the RNC.

Phillip V

1996 Democratic National Convention.  Doing the Macarena while 90's Hillary sexily claps at you.   :lol:

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/759097584531243008

Ancient Demon

Whether one supports Trump or not, I think the reverence due the parents of a fallen soldier is kind of void after they exploit his death as part of a political campaign against him.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

LaCroix

Quote from: Ancient Demon on July 31, 2016, 10:09:02 AMWhether one supports Trump or not, I think the reverence due the parents of a fallen soldier is kind of void after they exploit his death as part of a political campaign against him.

:lol:

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2016, 09:27:48 PM
I hope Melania rapes someone next and Trump attacks the victim too - this would show what a horrible person he really is for sure!

Wouldn't that make Trump: a c_u_c_k?  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

FunkMonk

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2016, 08:04:54 AM

Democrats (although, admittedly, not Hillary herself) shat more on the mother of the Benghazi soldier after the RNC.

Pretty bad politics of the Republican nominee, gotta say that. Never shit down, always try to shit up.

But this is Trump so it'll probably help his polls with his neanderthal base  :lol:

Martinus

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 31, 2016, 11:24:14 AM

Pretty bad politics of the Republican nominee, gotta say that. Never shit down, always try to shit up.

But this is Trump so it'll probably help his polls with his neanderthal base  :lol:

So it's fine only when Democrats do that?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2016, 12:58:12 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 31, 2016, 11:24:14 AM

So it's fine only when Democrats do that?

Conventional wisdom is that it is bad PR for *insert American presidential candidate here* to insult grieving parents of *insert dead public official here* 

However, it could be claimed that said grieving parents have inserted themselves into the political arena and are thus now fair game. As in everything, context matters.

Razgovory

Well, we don't really care for militia soldiers to kill federal officials.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I thought the folks killed in Benghazi were all civilian contractors.  Not uniformed services.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 27, 2016, 10:39:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2016, 10:34:43 PM
By the way are we actually going to have debates in this campaign? After one candidate called on the other to be spied on by the Russians it just seems so...unlikely to be civil. But maybe that is what twitter wants to see.

If Hillary refuses to participate on principle she'll immediately be branded a wussy.

Looks like Trump is the wussy. :lol:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-campaign-rnc-chair-question-prearranged-debate-schedule-n620516
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Savonarola

Donald Trump has 'black soul', says Khizr Khan

:unsure:  No, that doesn't sound right.  I was thinking maybe he should have said "Trump has a dark and twisted soul", but then:

That's not really Trump either. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

How did you quantify this?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 31, 2016, 09:47:01 PM
I thought the folks killed in Benghazi were all civilian contractors.  Not uniformed services.

They were neither.  They were Diplomatic Security Service personnel.