News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Zanza on August 02, 2016, 03:23:02 PM
Fallen soldiers, babies, what will he attack next? George Washington?

Rumour has it that he had representatives of AARP kicked out of the same rally as well... so maybe old people?

garbon

Hopefully he also goes after newly beloved Hamilton.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on August 02, 2016, 02:57:23 PM
Trump kicks crying baby out the room:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/politics/donald-trump-baby.html?_r=0

Apparently, there is only room for one such at his rallies.  :D

Now that's how you get the Marty vote.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2016, 03:33:03 PM

Hopefully no one will come out with a play about Trump with a catchy soundtrack prior to the election that results in him getting Hamilton level love.

I imagine it might be called "Producers II" - about how a phony billionaire tries to up his q score by achieving notoriety as the worst presidential candidate ever - only a funny thing happened on the way to losing the presidency..
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Savonarola

Quote from: alfred russel on August 02, 2016, 04:00:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2016, 03:33:03 PM

Hopefully no one will come out with a play about Trump with a catchy soundtrack prior to the election that results in him getting Hamilton level love.

I imagine it might be called "Producers II" - about how a phony billionaire tries to up his q score by achieving notoriety as the worst presidential candidate ever - only a funny thing happened on the way to losing the presidency..

There is a man - a certain man -
And for himself you may be sure
That he'll do all he can!
Who is this one?
This fav'rite son?
Just by his sound
Has the bond magnates on the run?
Who loves to shout?
Enjoys a bout?
Who wouldn't get a bit upset
If he were again bankrupt?
With wealth and fame,
He's still the same.
I'll bet you five you're not alive
If you don't know his name.
What's he called?
It's the Donald!
It's Mister Trump!
He doesn't like that Mister
He likes good old Donald Trump
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Legbiter

Quote from: Savonarola on August 02, 2016, 11:59:10 AMGiven Trump's lack of resources, (and given that there's no such thing as bad publicity) being insane might be his best strategy

If Trump lost, what would the media do once the regular feedings suddenly ceased?  :hmm: :ph34r:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on August 02, 2016, 11:59:10 AMGiven Trump's lack of resources, (and given that there's no such thing as bad publicity) being insane might be his best strategy

Worked for me in the primaries + I am the only person I listen to = This is my campaign, and this is how I will win

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2016, 05:35:56 PM

Worked for me in the primaries + I am the only person I listen to = This is my campaign, and this is how I will win

Wait you were running? Why did you tell me?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Legbiter on August 02, 2016, 04:32:35 PM

If Trump lost, what would the media do once the regular feedings suddenly ceased?  :hmm: :ph34r:

Trump will be ranting about the stolen election and plotting to support primary challenges to his enemies for some time. He may even call for outright violence. Plenty of newsworthy stuff.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Those comparing Trump to Brexit...Brexit at least had a campaign didn't it?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Why is Clinton wasting 8 million on Iowa?

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2016, 08:43:33 PM
Why is Clinton wasting 8 million on Iowa?
What's wrong with that?  Isn't it a battleground state?

jimmy olsen

:lmfao:

Donald and Hobbes Is Genius

Some clever folk have been replacing precocious 6-year-old Calvin, from the Calvin and Hobbes comic strips, with Donald Trump and the results are, well, take a look...

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on August 02, 2016, 09:00:31 PM
What's wrong with that?  Isn't it a battleground state?

Wasn't considered a battleground the last two elections, and it's only got a handful of electoral votes.

The six million in New Hampshire doesn't make a bunch of sense either.