2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2013, 06:33:02 PM
My love, Shirley Manson, is apparently flipping out about Pruden's article on Hillary and how he said she was past her sell-by-date.
Hillary is too old for another presidential run.  She'll be in her late 60s in 2016.  If she wants to spend her golden years in the Senate, more power to her, but 68 would be old even for a male candidate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 12:35:09 PM
Keep rooting for the wrong side, minority gay middle income person.

I root for people on all different sides. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

It's like he's the CdM of Texas or something.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2013, 12:50:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 12:42:23 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2013, 12:37:13 PM
So Seedy is this your endorsement of Warren over Hillary?

Is this your logical fallacy du jour?

I don't speak French :angry:

Btw, here's something to get your Black Irish blood up:  http://www.khou.com/news/local/White-guy-wins-after-leading-voters-to-believe-hes-black-231222981.html

What I'm confused about is that his tactics just revealed that people will assume if a person has black people on their mailer/campaign ads that he must be black.

Did he pull a Warren and actually say he was black at any point?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I don't understand... is the article suggesting that black dudes only vote for people based on their skin color... that black people have racist voting patterns? :o
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Must've thought they were voting for Dave Wilson, RB, New York Giants.  Honest mistake.  Must be lots of Hokies fans down there.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2013, 12:58:51 PM
I don't understand... is the article suggesting that black dudes only vote for people based on their skin color... that black people have racist voting patterns? :o

I did like when SNL had ran the skit about what it would take for them not to vote for Obama for a 2nd term.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2013, 12:57:03 PM
Did he pull a Warren and actually say he was black at any point?

Apparently not.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 12:59:57 PM
Must've thought they were voting for Dave Wilson, RB, New York Giants.  Honest mistake.  Must be lots of Hokies fans down there.

Actually there are a few in Houston.  Probably not in that district, though.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 12:18:31 PM
I bet if Warren had a penis, the amount of illogical hatred leveled at her wouldn't be so severe.  None of you money monkeys have yet to demonstrably explain exactly why she's so vile, considering she just got to Washington.

I don't think that she's vile. I just take issue with the fact that her "balanced" take on fixing the deficit is pretty much "tax the rich".  I see nothing substantative in cutting spending other than cutting back on the military. That's not going to cut it. (Heh.) We need to really look at making cuts elsewhere, too, but she seems very closed to that concept.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Elizabeth_Warren.htm
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Fuck the rich.  They're why we're in this mess in the first place.

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2013, 02:49:41 PM
I don't think that she's vile. I just take issue with the fact that her "balanced" take on fixing the deficit is pretty much "tax the rich".  I see nothing substantative in cutting spending other than cutting back on the military. That's not going to cut it. (Heh.) We need to really look at making cuts elsewhere, too, but she seems very closed to that concept.
Two quibbles. Why should she be balanced? She's a politician, an advocate for certain solutions and choices not the BBC.

Secondly anyone still worrying about fixing the deficit is either a charlatan (Ted Cruz) or vaguely mad. It's not a problem and it certainly won't be one in 2016.

Edit: Incidentally apparently she supported some Medicare reform (on drug prices?), cutting subsidies and defence. I'll see if I can find more.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 12, 2013, 03:33:54 PM
Secondly anyone still worrying about fixing the deficit is either a charlatan (Ted Cruz) or vaguely mad. It's not a problem and it certainly won't be one in 2016.

How about the debt, then?