News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

It's obvious he didn't want to so, SFU already.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on November 20, 2016, 12:19:37 PM

I'll allow the Tim bashing. Objection overruled!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Go fuck yourself B4. Tim has trolled me over the bet proposal, which was dumb considering a) I proposed the bet to highlight he was bringing BS to the forum, and while I was stupid to set terms that may well be met, the prediction Tim brought is turning out to really bad, and b) he never took the bet anyway.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

11B4V

Quote from: alfred russel on November 21, 2016, 12:33:34 AM

Go fuck yourself B4. Tim has trolled me over the bet proposal, which was dumb considering a) I proposed the bet to highlight he was bringing BS to the forum, and while I was stupid to set terms that may well be met, the prediction Tim brought is turning out to really bad, and b) he never took the bet anyway.

Obviously he didn't want to take the bet. What's she up 1.5 mil?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Phillip V

Quote from: 11B4V on November 21, 2016, 12:42:06 AM

1.7 million and counting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016

jimmy olsen

Bingo. I have no interest in making him stop posting for a month.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2016, 02:45:45 AM

Bingo. I have no interest in making him stop posting for a month.

Fuck you too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Maybe he should take time off on his own, to reflect and dwell on that "eat his words" comment. Ouch.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

What's interesting is that there are projections that Hillary will win California by more than 3 million votes.  Which would mean that even if she ends up with a 2 million vote edge, she will have lost the rest of the country by more than a million votes.

Martinus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 21, 2016, 04:05:14 AM
Maybe he should take time off on his own, to reflect and dwell on that "eat his words" comment. Ouch.

I'd rather have Tim take time off than DGuller.

garbon

Quote from: dps on November 21, 2016, 06:48:20 AM
What's interesting is that there are projections that Hillary will win California by more than 3 million votes.  Which would mean that even if she ends up with a 2 million vote edge, she will have lost the rest of the country by more than a million votes.

Why is that interesting?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2016, 07:04:29 AM

Why is that interesting?

I guess for the same reason why whoever wins the popular vote is interesting.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2016, 07:11:58 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2016, 07:04:29 AM

Why is that interesting?

I guess for the same reason why whoever wins the popular vote is interesting.

I obviously can't say no as I don't know why excluding California is interesting (not sure why we'd exclude the most populous state) but gut feel says people are considering those two things interesting for different reasons.

Eddie Teach

Because Democrats' self-segregation is causing permanent minority status even when they get a majority of votes. (Also, residents of those enclaves tend to be well out of touch with Middle America.)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 21, 2016, 07:18:13 AM
Because Democrats' self-segregation is causing permanent minority status even when they get a majority of votes. (Also, residents of those enclaves tend to be well out of touch with Middle America.)

Well, I suppose preventing such enclaves from controlling the country was one of the goals in mind of those who invented the Electoral College. So I guess the system is working as designed.