News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on November 10, 2016, 10:35:09 AM
I know, but his approval is up to 55% or something.
What have we learned about polls in the last week, hmm? :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on November 10, 2016, 10:36:31 AM

The polls said hillary would win the most votes, and she did?  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

What else did virtually all of the pollsters say? :sleep:

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on November 10, 2016, 10:41:28 AM
What else did virtually all of the pollsters say? :sleep:

They had a margin of error of 3 -4 % ? :P :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Caliga

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on November 10, 2016, 10:26:19 AM
I've heard people saying the results lack integrity. At a certain level, I get it. How do you square a country that elected a black guy president twice and seems to like him overall then electing a guy like Trump that has no apparent redeemable qualities and kicked off his campaign calling mexicans rapists?

Swing voters and turnout.  You only get to vote for The First Black President once.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 10, 2016, 11:07:48 AM
Swing voters and turnout.  You only get to vote for The First Black President once.

Some of us voted for him twice  :ph34r:

RIGGED!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I do think it's interesting how much lower the black turnout was this time around.  Seems it's not only white people who are racist in this country. :ph34r:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on November 10, 2016, 11:09:24 AM
I do think it's interesting how much lower the black turnout was this time around.  Seems it's not only white people who are racist in this country. :ph34r:

Some black people are angry at the Clintons for going the 'tough on crime' route in their triangulation strategy. Hence the dangers of trying to appeal outside of your base I talked about earlier.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

What was she supposed to do, say that crime is great or that she doesn't care about it? :hmm:

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on November 10, 2016, 10:39:59 AM
Quote from: Caliga on November 10, 2016, 10:36:31 AM

The polls said hillary would win the most votes, and she did?  :P

:lol: they didn't say which ones though, now did they

Martinus

Only white people can be racist by definition.

alfred russel

Apparently among black men, the Clinton/Trump/Other breakdown was 80/13/7.

That is a rather bad result for Hillary.

Legbiter

QuoteThe Democrats will now control next to nothing above the municipal level. Donald Trump will be president. We are going to be unpacking this night for the rest of our lives, and lives beyond that. We can't comprehend even 1 percent of what's just happened. But one aspect of it, minor in the overall sweep, that I'm pretty sure we can comprehend well enough right now: The Democratic Party establishment has beclowned itself and is finished.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/11/the_democratic_party_establishment_is_finished_after_trump.html

It'll be interesting to see how the Democrats will unfuck themselves after the Trumpslide.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.