News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

In the interests of being a total buzzkill, Cubans, by law, get the red carpet when they make it to the US.

Caliga

Gary didn't get elected to high office because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants.  We used to have a problem with shenanigans like that around here.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Habbaku

Quote from: alfred russel on November 10, 2016, 01:30:41 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 10, 2016, 01:24:56 PM
It wasn't a literal glass ceiling; it was some machines rigged to spew confetti that looked like glass shattering IIRC.

That is still awful.

Maybe if we had elected Cruz or Rubio as the first hispanic president, he should have approached the podium in a way symbolic of the hispanic experience. The lights go dark, and he crawls along the ground through a small opening in a fence blocking his way, while border patrol agents eat donuts nearby. Then he pushes a lawnmower for a while, before entering a library where he stops to read books such as de tocqueville's Democracy in America. He is inspired, changes into a suit, leaves the library, and ascends to the podium as president elect.

POTM.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

I could see Cruz appearing from a rope atop the Capitol dome, in a Zorro cape and mask to the flourish of malagueña trumpets, and slashing off Nancy Pelosi's should straps one at a time with his rapier.  ¡Ay, chihuahua!

Admiral Yi

Hottest presidential or candidatial fuck friend: Donna Rice or Kay Somersby?

Caliga

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2016, 04:37:21 PM

Liddy Dole and you know it.

Donna Rice, but Gennifer Flowers always made my no-touch places tingle with that 80's AquaNet-meets-Vixen hairdo.

derspiess

CNN now somehow projecting Trump will win popular vote.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2016, 04:49:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2016, 04:37:21 PM

Liddy Dole and you know it.

Donna Rice, but Gennifer Flowers always made my no-touch places tingle with that 80's AquaNet-meets-Vixen hairdo.

You guys are overlooking the obvious choice:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Birthday,_Mr._President
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on November 10, 2016, 04:52:54 PM
I'm looking forward to all of the experts on FB saying it was rigged now. :)

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

She's up by 300k. Where are the votes to make that up gping to come from?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 10, 2016, 05:09:51 PM

She's up by 300k. Where are the votes to make that up gping to come from?

Executive order?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson