News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

USAF, WTF

Started by CountDeMoney, May 08, 2013, 07:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Raz: amused.  Raz can also describe the US in a sentence.  The US has a larger area then China but a smaller area then Canada.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: fahdiz on May 08, 2013, 02:15:52 PM
Quote from: sbr on May 08, 2013, 02:14:35 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 08, 2013, 10:36:07 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2013, 09:12:30 AM
What's the deal with America?

In my broad opinion, we've gone from a nation which tries to be the best - which fights, claws, and innovates its way to the top - to a nation who simply assumes we are the best, even when we aren't. We've kept the arrogance and confidence of our national character but have largely abandoned the part which puts our money where our mouth is.

We are Rome circa 220AD. :(

No fear. I am led to believe that any broad opinion which does not match grumbler's is to be discounted, so everything will be fine.

Yeah our society is pretty much in decay. I mean, we're letting gay people serve openly in our armed forces and get married!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2013, 02:19:39 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 08, 2013, 02:15:52 PM
Quote from: sbr on May 08, 2013, 02:14:35 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 08, 2013, 10:36:07 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2013, 09:12:30 AM
What's the deal with America?

In my broad opinion, we've gone from a nation which tries to be the best - which fights, claws, and innovates its way to the top - to a nation who simply assumes we are the best, even when we aren't. We've kept the arrogance and confidence of our national character but have largely abandoned the part which puts our money where our mouth is.

We are Rome circa 220AD. :(

No fear. I am led to believe that any broad opinion which does not match grumbler's is to be discounted, so everything will be fine.

Yeah our society is pretty much in decay. I mean, we're letting gay people serve openly in our armed forces and get married!

Oh, I think that part is actually awesome.
and the horse you rode in on

Valmy

Canada already did that.  Being behind Canada sounds like decay to me :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2013, 02:28:29 PM

Canada already did that.  Being behind Canada sounds like decay to me :hmm:

Massachusetts did it first I believe - the marriage bit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2013, 02:19:06 PM
Raz: amused.  Raz can also describe the US in a sentence.  The US has a larger area then China but a smaller area then Canada.

Whenever you're ready.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: fahdiz on May 08, 2013, 02:25:43 PM
Oh, I think that part is actually awesome.
Then you shouldn't complain, because you're part of the problem.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2013, 12:42:24 PM
The guy that works under me is gay too.

Maybe he just really needs the money.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

I like the implication that the military is flushing out non-performing ICBM officers because we'll need men and women who are ready to turn their keys soon. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 08, 2013, 01:43:46 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 08, 2013, 11:24:44 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2013, 11:19:52 AM
If we remove the human element from the process we may solve the problem. A machine doesn't get bored and will work for some electricity and oil.
Like the WOPR? That didn't go so well.

I would agree that it would be a bad idea to replace the current system with a 30 year old fictitious computer system from a movie.
I'm glad you do.  One day perhaps The Brain will come around.
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 08, 2013, 03:04:45 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 08, 2013, 02:49:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2013, 12:42:24 PM
The guy that works under me is gay too.

Maybe he just really needs the money.

:lol:

Wouldn't that be awesome if employers could offer perks like that?

AnchorClanker

If that shift is anything like mine, it would run like this:

5x watchteams working 12 hour shifts (0600-1800 or 1800-0600), with two front half of week, two back half of week, and one team on day-ho/reserve/in class/on leave status.  There's good and bad to that schedule, though.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Berkut

Sounds pretty cushy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Berkut on May 08, 2013, 04:26:05 PM
Sounds pretty cushy.

Keyword is 'sounds'  :lol:  It depends on the work being done, but it's pretty exhausting, believe it or not.  I deal with the mids better, the days shift (0600-1800) leaves me such that all I want to do is eat leftovers and crash until the next shift hits.  You have to keep in mind the type of work as well as the schedule.  Again, 'sounds'.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr