USAF, WTF

Started by CountDeMoney, May 08, 2013, 07:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2013, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 08, 2013, 10:36:07 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2013, 09:12:30 AM
What's the deal with America?

In my broad opinion, we've gone from a nation which tries to be the best - which fights, claws, and innovates its way to the top - to a nation who simply assumes we are the best, even when we aren't. We've kept the arrogance and confidence of our national character but have largely abandoned the part which puts our money where our mouth is.

I don't think that's broadly fair.

As I said, it's an opinion based on anecdotal evidence. I don't have statistical data to back it up.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Well thanks for your negativity then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2013, 11:55:47 AM

I can see how that would be difficult for you take, with your constant input of positivity and cheerfullness.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2013, 11:58:12 AM

I can see how that would be difficult for you take, with your constant input of positivity and cheerfullness.

I'm known as the cheerful one in my department. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2013, 12:12:40 PM

Gay means gay.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2013, 12:28:37 PM

Gay means gay.

The guy that works under me is gay too.

grumbler

Not for you, perhaps.  But if fahdiz sees that as his problem I will accept his diagnosis.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on May 08, 2013, 12:44:24 PM

Not for you, perhaps.  But if fahdiz sees that as his problem I will accept his diagnosis.

Ah, gotcha.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2013, 12:42:24 PM

Gay means gay.

No doubt.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on May 08, 2013, 11:15:16 AM
If you are a USAF officer tasked with sitting in a hole all day babysitting a nuclear missile, how can that be an engaging and meaningful part of your career?

I think it would be incredibly hard to keep those guys sharp all the time.

Yeah, I can definitely see how tough it would be to maintain your TURN YOUR KEY SIR clenched-ass status all the time in that role.  After a few weeks, you're yawning through the drills.

You'd think that kind of role needs more personnel turnover than it has.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on May 08, 2013, 12:46:16 PM

Gay means gay.

No doubt.

No really. We're about to have a meeting.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2013, 12:48:50 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 08, 2013, 12:46:16 PM

Gay means gay.

No doubt.

No really. We're about to have a meeting.

I believe you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

That...makes no sense.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

I'm not sure I indicated anywhere in that sentence anything about "my" problem, whatever you perceive it to be.