News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

USAF, WTF

Started by CountDeMoney, May 08, 2013, 07:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

I wonder what their watch rotation is like.  24 on, then how many off?

grumbler

Quote from: fahdiz on May 08, 2013, 01:11:10 PM
I'm not sure I indicated anywhere in that sentence anything about "my" problem, whatever you perceive it to be.

I am sure that you believed that you had the wisdom to speak for an entire nation.  I simply pointed out to garbon (not bothering to waste the time trying to explain it to you) that your perceptions were really only valid for you, not the nation.

You certainly don't have to accept my point.  I don't care whether you believe that you can really describe the entire US in a sentence or two.  My point was intended for garbon, who I think can understand it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

fhdz

:lol: Your opinion of me must be quite low.
and the horse you rode in on

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2013, 11:58:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2013, 11:55:47 AM
Well thanks for your negativity then.

I can see how that would be difficult for you take, with your constant input of positivity and cheerfullness.

:lmfao:

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 08, 2013, 01:11:33 PM
I wonder what their watch rotation is like.  24 on, then how many off?
QuoteThe wing has 150 officers assigned to missile launch control duty...
the wing's 15 Minuteman III launch control centers...

So, if 2 officers on duty in each launch center, then they stand duty one day in five.  That's about what a ship's crew does in port, so that sounds about right to me.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

See, this would be a pretty great job if you could play games or cruise the internet or read or whatever.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on May 08, 2013, 01:41:12 PM
See, this would be a pretty great job if you could play games or cruise the internet or read or whatever.

LOL, DEFCON with fahdiz.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 08, 2013, 11:24:44 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2013, 11:19:52 AM
If we remove the human element from the process we may solve the problem. A machine doesn't get bored and will work for some electricity and oil.
Like the WOPR? That didn't go so well.

I would agree that it would be a bad idea to replace the current system with a 30 year old fictitious computer system from a movie.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2013, 01:42:42 PM

LOL, DEFCON with fahdiz.

SO MUCH COUGHING

Ed Anger

SIR! I BROUGHT THE PONG MACHINE!
Capt. Fahdizzle: Too scary. Let's play Old Maid.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

"How about a nice game of 'Chutes and Ladders'?"
"Too damaging to one's self-esteem. Pass."

fhdz

The Old Maid has an angry, condescending look on her face. Pass.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2013, 01:42:42 PM

LOL, DEFCON with fahdiz.

OH SHIT THAT WASN"T THE GAME!

sbr

Quote from: fahdiz on May 08, 2013, 10:36:07 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2013, 09:12:30 AM
What's the deal with America?

In my broad opinion, we've gone from a nation which tries to be the best - which fights, claws, and innovates its way to the top - to a nation who simply assumes we are the best, even when we aren't. We've kept the arrogance and confidence of our national character but have largely abandoned the part which puts our money where our mouth is.

We are Rome circa 220AD. :(

fhdz

Quote from: sbr on May 08, 2013, 02:14:35 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 08, 2013, 10:36:07 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 08, 2013, 09:12:30 AM
What's the deal with America?

In my broad opinion, we've gone from a nation which tries to be the best - which fights, claws, and innovates its way to the top - to a nation who simply assumes we are the best, even when we aren't. We've kept the arrogance and confidence of our national character but have largely abandoned the part which puts our money where our mouth is.

We are Rome circa 220AD. :(

No fear. I am led to believe that any broad opinion which does not match grumbler's is to be discounted, so everything will be fine.