News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This World.

Started by mongers, May 05, 2013, 07:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 05:06:08 PM
Joking ?   :) It's bewildering to us brits just how long it goes on.

I suppose that's one way you could it explain it away. Though you making the same "joke that doesn't sound like a joke" week after week strains credulity a bit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Lesson #2: if a joke doesn't elicit a positive reponse the first time, telling it again five more times will probably not improve the outcome.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2013, 05:10:20 PM

I suppose that's one way you could it explain it away. Though you making the same "joke that doesn't sound like a joke" week after week strains credulity a bit.

Could you post links to this "week after week" pattern ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2013, 05:14:10 PMLesson #2: if a joke doesn't elicit a positive reponse the first time, telling it again five more times will probably not improve the outcome.

I think his jokes are pretty good :)

garbon

Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 05:27:32 PM

No thank you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2013, 05:51:09 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 05:27:32 PM

No thank you.

So just you taking another cheap shot at another poster, whatever rocks your boat  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

garbon

Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 05:58:36 PM
So just you taking another cheap shot at another poster, whatever rocks your boat  :cool:

Yep, just like Yi was. :)

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2013, 06:01:14 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 06, 2013, 05:39:41 PM

:)
That's what I like about Jake:  for him, every post is interesting and and every joke is funny. :thumbsup:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2013, 06:57:47 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2013, 06:01:14 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 06, 2013, 05:39:41 PM

:)
That's what I like about Jake:  for him, every post is interesting and and every joke is funny. :thumbsup:

And yet another useful contribution by Grumbles.  :thumbsup:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2013, 06:57:47 AMThat's what I like about Jake:  for him, every post is interesting and and every joke is funny. :thumbsup:

:lol:

Not true at all. There are plenty of posts I ignore, and some posters whom I just scroll by whenever I see them. Lots of worthless stuff.

I did like this one post of yours, though; it was funny :hug: