News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This World.

Started by mongers, May 05, 2013, 07:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: sbr on May 05, 2013, 09:24:24 PM
First the fourth line in the OP is a mess, it confused me more than helped me.

Second the typo was the most interesting part of the OP.

Third I have no idea what this is suppose to say about our 'modern world'.  Could refugees not be killed by idiot soccer players in the 1970's?  I am sure Britain had plenty of both back then too.

Why don't you start some of your own threads instead of complaining all the time.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 07:33:53 AM
No.

Two different forms of terrorism ? 

How is an automobile accident terrorism? :hmm:

I mean this is a tragic situation but I do not see the absurdity of it.  In the 13th century they might have fled the Mongol Hordes just to die of a plague.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2013, 07:37:47 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 07:33:53 AM
No.

Two different forms of terrorism ? 

How is an automobile accident terrorism? :hmm:

I mean this is a tragic situation but I do not see the absurdity of it.  In the 13th century they might have fled the Mongol Hordes just to die of a plague.

It's not an 'accident', people are intentionally using particularly city streets as race tracks and places to show off their speed/their blingy vehicles. This does scare and to some extent terrorise the some people and the communities within which this happens. 

In one way you can look at as young males marking or outlining their territories and indeed gang activities in a small way feed out or and into this street culture. 

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 07:57:40 AM
It's not an 'accident', people are intentionally using particularly city streets as race tracks and places to show off their speed/their blingy vehicles. This does scare and to some extent terrorise the some people and the communities within which this happens. 

In one way you can look at as young males marking or outlining their territories and indeed gang activities in a small way feed out or and into this street culture. 

Ok that is a bit different.  But come on as far as gang cultures go this one is pretty idiotic.  They might as well hang a sign around their necks declaring 'look I am breaking the law!  Arrest me!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 07:35:12 AM

Third I have no idea what this is suppose to say about our 'modern world'.  Could refugees not be killed by idiot soccer players in the 1970's?  I am sure Britain had plenty of both back then too.

Why don't you start some of your own threads instead of complaining all the time.

Why don't you meet in the middle? He can do that and you can start making your threads a little less opaque. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2013, 08:01:36 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 07:57:40 AM

Ok that is a bit different.  But come on as far as gang cultures go this one is pretty idiotic.  They might as well hang a sign around their necks declaring 'look I am breaking the law!  Arrest me!'

If you watch the film, you probably can't because of silly bbc restritctions, but it show a typical 'scene' you'd get in urban/suburban area and policing is at best very it and miss, often they'll not bother for hours or if at all, so these happenings/events have the street to themselves.

As for gangs, not sure what the point you were making, I think we're probably arguing at cross purposes.
I think all I'd say is that most areas of London, baring upmarket places like the West End, if I'm in traffic and involved in typical street 'interactions', I'll not give back my 'opinion' people in these blinged up motors, as you never know who they truly are. Safety and all.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2013, 08:20:04 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 07:35:12 AM

Why don't you meet in the middle? He can do that and you can start making your threads a little less opaque. :)

But you'd have less things to bitch about.   :(

garbon

Don't worry, I can always find something - so you don't need to create issues for me. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

It is his superpower!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on May 06, 2013, 08:33:36 AM
It is his superpower!

I'm just thinking this thread probably could have been better if he'd made topic/OP align with the article/incident he really wanted to talk about.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2013, 08:34:27 AM
Quote from: katmai on May 06, 2013, 08:33:36 AM
It is his superpower!

I'm just thinking this thread probably could have been better if he'd made topic/OP align with the article/incident he really wanted to talk about.

Oh i don't disagree, but I also realize this is mongers who i don't think has ever done such a thing as make the Thread topic relevant to what he does in his OP.

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Bitches bitch and moaners moan, it's you guys fulfilling your niche in this world; glad I could facilitate it, gives you a purpose.   :cool:

garbon

Again you miss the point. We're already doing that regardless. We don't need you to create easy targets for us and if you were serious about having non-Timmay threads on Languish, you'd be a little less lazy (/charmingly unique) when creating your threads. :)

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2013, 08:45:40 AM
Again you miss the point. We're already doing that regardless. We don't need you to create easy targets for us and if you were serious about having non-Timmay threads on Languish, you'd be a little less lazy (/charmingly unique) when creating your threads. :)

Well this thread is giving you a pretty good go; think of me as your personal bitchiness trainer, helping you to reach an olympic standard.  :cool: 

garbon

Well I'm done repeating myself. Have a nice day. :)