And we're back!

Main Menu

This World.

Started by mongers, May 05, 2013, 07:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 07:35:12 AM
Quote from: sbr on May 05, 2013, 09:24:24 PM
First the fourth line in the OP is a mess, it confused me more than helped me.

Second the typo was the most interesting part of the OP.

Third I have no idea what this is suppose to say about our 'modern world'.  Could refugees not be killed by idiot soccer players in the 1970's?  I am sure Britain had plenty of both back then too.

Why don't you start some of your own threads instead of complaining all the time.

Do I complain that much?  I don't think so, maybe you are thinking of someone else.

And I do occasionally start threads, but I tend to start threads about things that have some potential for interesting debate on both sides of the matter.

Jacob

I like most mongers threads :hug:

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: sbr on May 06, 2013, 01:15:06 PM

Third I have no idea what this is suppose to say about our 'modern world'.  Could refugees not be killed by idiot soccer players in the 1970's?  I am sure Britain had plenty of both back then too.

Why don't you start some of your own threads instead of complaining all the time.

Do I complain that much?  I don't think so, maybe you are thinking of someone else.

And I do occasionally start threads, but I tend to start threads about things that have some potential for interesting debate on both sides of the matter.

Wacky idea here, but if it's not your sort of thread, you could always not bothering posting in it ?   :hmm:

Better still, you start a thread that fulfils your criteria and I'll have a look, if it's not of interest to me, I'll refrain from complaining about the topic and OP. If it interests me I'll make a contribution. :cool:

sbr

Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 03:10:07 PM
Quote from: sbr on May 06, 2013, 01:15:06 PM

Wacky idea here, but if it's not your sort of thread, you could always not bothering posting in it ?   :hmm:

Better still, you start a thread that fulfils your criteria and I'll have a look, if it's not of interest to me, I'll refrain from complaining about the topic and OP. If it interests me I'll make a contribution. :cool:

Sounds great.  Though if I do make a thread and 2 of the first 3 posts make it clear that the typo was the most interesting part I will probably just let it sink.

crazy canuck

Inquiring minds what to know why you posted at all then?

sbr

Why does anyone post anything?

garbon

I post therefore I am.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Like, say, an American election thread?  :hmm:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2013, 04:36:30 PM

Like, say, an American election thread?  :hmm:

:blink:

How so ?  I enjoy American politics far more than UK politics, if you took the time to look you'd see I've started a few threads on the topic, I like the subject ! :gasp:

Or are you saying non-Americans shouldn't post in them ?

garbon

You whined a multitude of times about the American Presidential election and why was it still going on - in election threads. :contract:

I believe you were even confronted a few times with the notion of not posting in a thread if you weren't interested.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2013, 04:56:57 PM
You whined a multitude of times about the American Presidential election and why was it still going on - in election threads. :contract:

I believe you were even confronted a few times with the notion of not posting in a thread if you weren't interested.

Joking ?   :) It's bewildering to us brits just how long it goes on.

Again if you look my threads started there are several on US politics, iirc the last one was an enthusiastic 'live comments' on the state of the union. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on May 06, 2013, 05:06:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2013, 04:56:57 PM

Joking ?   :) It's bewildering to us brits just how long it goes on.

Again if you look my threads started there are several on US politics, iirc the last one was an enthusiastic 'live comments' on the state of the union.

Yeah, its a bit overly sensitive of the Yanks to react to an observation that their politics is a continuous series of election cycles.