Any of you mooks ever hire a live-in nanny?

Started by Barrister, May 03, 2013, 02:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Who says she's got to be a live-in?  By the sound of it, even 8 hours a day 5 days a week would be a welcome helping hand.

CountDeMoney

Hell, I'll do it, on the promise that you call me Buskers.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 03, 2013, 02:38:32 PM
Who says she's got to be a live-in?  By the sound of it, even 8 hours a day 5 days a week would be a welcome helping hand.

Because at minimum wage the pay is $1900 / month.  But you can deduct around $400 for room and board, so now you're paying $1500.

Day care is going to be at least $600-$700 per kid - so that's $1800-$2100.  So without the live-in part it isn't cheaper.

So do you want to come and live in my basement and look after my kids Seedy?  The Sentry Box is only a couple hours away in Calgary.  And there's also the free health care part. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lettow77

Wait, does this mean you are considering letting a BR into your home?
huehuehue
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 03, 2013, 02:45:06 PM
Wait, does this mean you are considering letting a BR into your home?
huehuehue

Don't worry Lettow - she's white. <_<

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2013, 02:44:04 PM
And there's also the free health care part. :)

And after two years he can apply for permanenant resident status and look for another job that doesnt involve him living in your cosy basement.

He will however have to surrender his gun at the border.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2013, 02:50:52 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2013, 02:44:04 PM
And there's also the free health care part. :)

And after two years he can apply for permanenant resident status and look for another job that doesnt involve him living in your cosy basement.

He will however have to surrender his gun at the border.

:yes:

mongers

I will be astonished if this thread doesn't devolve into pervy comments within the first five comments, so much so I haven't read the thread before posting.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2013, 02:28:36 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 03, 2013, 02:24:41 PM
Sadly, it is now filled with junk - mostly toys Carl has outgrown. This spring, my job is to do something about that!  :ph34r:

Well its May already...times a wasting!

It may be May, but only in the past week has it not been winter here.  :cry:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Shoulda thought about it before breeding that much.

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on May 03, 2013, 03:30:31 PM
I will be astonished if this thread doesn't devolve into pervy comments within the first five comments, so much so I haven't read the thread before posting.  :cool:

It didn't, and BB already expressed dissapointment at that!  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Aren't your kids worth a little bit more than someone making minimum wage to care for them?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Languish is dying.  :(

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on May 03, 2013, 03:34:03 PM
Aren't your kids worth a little bit more than someone making minimum wage to care for them?

You might have thought so, but here we are...

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on May 03, 2013, 03:33:27 PM

It didn't, and BB already expressed dissapointment at that!  :lol:

Damn, now read the thread, good grief you guys are slipping.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"