News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fav WW2 equipment.

Started by 11B4V, April 22, 2013, 11:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on April 23, 2013, 11:20:39 AM
Hey 11B, that 50 round drum mag he used on the M14, that is something aftermarket or whatever right? Not an actual military item?

That's aftermarket. I've only ever used issued 20 rounders with the M14.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on April 23, 2013, 11:26:13 AM
SVT-40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O16Ip4r5Ec

The SVT-40 was a really nice rifle.  I had one for a while but sold it once I realized it had Finn capture marks and I could make some money off it.

Wayyy too complicated a rifle for Russian peasants to operate & maintain.  Sometimes the gas valve had to be adjusted for different types of 7.62x54R ammo.  I know I had lots of fun fine-tuning the setting on mine for the Hungarian light ball ammo I was shooting.  The dead-simple Ppsh or Mosin-Nagant (and later AK47) was much more their speed.

German NCOs seemed to love it, though.  Probably *because* it was so complicated :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

lustindarkness

On topic: M1 Garand, great rifle, shoots nice.

On the tangent: My fav rifle ever is the M14.

On the topic of scopes: As much as I like shooting with a good scope, I really enjoy shooting a rifle with iron/aperture sights (up to maybe 100 yds). A good rifle/ammo with a good scope is just too easy I guess.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

MP40 always struck me as having such a low rate of fire.  PPSh-41 on the other hand sounds almost like a buzz-saw.

11B4V

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2013, 11:28:03 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2013, 11:19:01 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2013, 11:05:14 AM
Whoops :embarrass:

Lulz, Caliga Gunfail.

I always get tangent and aperture confused.

how is that possible? it may just be my knowledge of math and optics... but I never confuse a straight line with a hole.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on April 23, 2013, 11:44:55 AM
how is that possible? it may just be my knowledge of math and optics... but I never confuse a straight line with a hole.

Just one of my many mental blocks.

derspiess

Best MP40 full auto video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7iz1HTh9U

Shoot him in his toodles!!!  :lol:

11B4V

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on April 23, 2013, 11:50:02 AM
Tripoded MG42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwW31u6wYvE

Thanks to goofballs like that, all surplus 8mm dried up and all I can find these days for my M48A is commercial :angry:

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2013, 11:49:48 AM
Best MP40 full auto video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7iz1HTh9U

:lmfao: That's from training footage of the Volksstrum self propelled submachine gun regiment.

11B4V

Oh, and member guys, chicks always dig the guns.  :lmfao: