News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

French Embassy in Libya attacked!

Started by Razgovory, April 23, 2013, 04:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

QuoteA car bomb exploded just outside the French embassy in Tripoli early Tuesday morning, injuring two French security guards and a local girl, officials said.

The blast was so powerful it blew the front wall off the embassy. Windows of nearby buildings in this upscale, largely residential neighborhood were also blown out.

Deputy Prime Minister Awad Barasi said a 13-year-old girl in a nearby house was injured in the attack and will be taken to Tunisia for treatment.

Barasi said he spoke with the French ambassador to Libya, who assured him he will not leave Tripoli.

A criminal investigation is under way to determine who was behind the attack, and why.

The French Foreign Ministry issued a statement condemning the attack.

"In conjunction with the Libyan authorities, our government departments will make every effort to ensure that all light be shed on the circumstances of this heinous act and its perpetrators quickly identified," the foreign ministry said.

The bombing stirred memories of another attack on a foreign office in Libya.

Last September. U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

:(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

The easy leftist answer will be to blame Sarkozy and BHL.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Mad dog bombers strike again. I wonder what's going on in Libya regarding how well or not the country is being pulled together politically. Not that radical actions will be stamped out either way, but more stability is obviously preferable for keeping that stuff down along with many other reasons.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: KRonn on April 23, 2013, 06:09:58 AM
Mad dog bombers strike again. I wonder what's going on in Libya regarding how well or not the country is being pulled together politically. Not that radical actions will be stamped out either way, but more stability is obviously preferable for keeping that stuff down along with many other reasons.
Despite these terroristic attacks, the nation seems pretty stable. Nothing comparable to the domestic violence of Iraq where bombings slay scores with regularity. This one didn't even kill anybodty.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Warspite

Probably a straightforward retaliation for the Mali intervention.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA