News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fav WW2 equipment.

Started by 11B4V, April 22, 2013, 11:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Alright gents what your favorite WW2 equipment? Will start off with Aircraft first.

Classes.
1. Fighter- Yak-1b
2. Fighter Bomber- Mosquito
3. Dive Bomber- Pe-2
4. Ground Attack- IL-2 Sturmovik
5. Med Bomber- B-25
6. Heavy Bomber- B-17

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

1. Fighter- Fw190
2. Fighter Bomber- Hurricane
3. Dive Bomber- Ju87
4. Ground Attack- A-26
5. Medium Bomber- Ju-88
6. Heavy Bomber- B-17
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Aircraft?

Spitfire
wildcat
dauntless
Me109
Me262
Ju88
P-61 black widow.

Uncatorgized because I'm a rebel.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

1 - Supermarine Spitfire
2 - DeHavilland Mosquito
3 - None, so I will replace it with a torpedo Bomber, the Fairey Swordfish.
4 - Hawker Tempest
5 - Martin B-26 Marauder
6 - Avro Lancaster
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

1. Fighter- P-51
3. Dive Bomber- Avenger
4. Ground Attack- IL-2
5. Medium Bomber- B-25
6. Heavy Bomber- B-17
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2013, 12:12:23 PM
1 - Supermarine Spitfire
2 - DeHavilland Mosquito
4 - Hawker Tempest
5 - Boeing B-26 Marauder
6 - Avro Lancaster

Amazing that plane stayed in service until '45
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on April 22, 2013, 12:15:25 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 22, 2013, 12:12:23 PM
1 - Supermarine Spitfire
2 - DeHavilland Mosquito
4 - Hawker Tempest
5 - Boeing B-26 Marauder
6 - Avro Lancaster
Amazing that plane stayed in service until '45
Well, it was versatile.  It also helped that the Fleet Air Arm didn't have to tangle with the Japanese for the most part.  And even then, the RN started replacing them with Avengers the first chance they got, at least for torpedo work.  They still made alright recon and subhunting craft though, at least by RN standards.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

No love for the Brewster Buffalo? :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on April 22, 2013, 12:42:07 PM
No love for the Brewster Buffalo? :(

Are you really this clever, Cal?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Strix

Classes.
1. Fighter- P-40e
2. Fighter Bomber- P-47
3. Dive Bomber- TBF
4. Ground Attack- A-20 Havoc
5. Med Bomber- HE-111
6. Heavy Bomber- B-17
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

My faves:

1. Fighter- Tie: F4U Corsair & F6F Hellkitteh :wub:
2. Fighter Bomber- Panzer-poppin' P-47 Thunderbolt
3. Dive Bomber- SBD Dauntless
4. Ground Attack- Junkers Ju-87 Stuka, complete with 22" rims and jericho trumpets
5. Med Bomber- Plenty of options here, but I'm going to go with the Tu-2, mainly for its overall multirole versatility
6. Heavy Bomber- There's only one: B-17

Honorable mention for prettiest, period:  Focke-Wulf FW 200 Condor and the PBY Catalina.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on April 22, 2013, 12:48:14 PM
:hmm: Yes?

Brewster Buffalos had swastikas in Finnish Service.  I think that's what he talking about.

I'm not good with planes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

1. Fighter- P-47
3. Dive Bomber- Dauntless
4. Ground Attack- Henschel 129
5. Med Bomber- B-25
6. Heavy Bomber- B-24 (always a bridesmaid)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM