Chechnya Is Not Czech Republic, Twitter Reminds Itself (TWEETS)

Started by Martinus, April 20, 2013, 07:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2013, 02:40:01 PM
So you harbor no ill will toward people who endorse terrorist behavior?  Yi, this sounds suspiciously like "it's not bigoted, because it's justified".  Most people who are bigots believe they are justified.

Raz, you're spazzing out just a tiny bit.  How did you possibly infer that I harbor no ill will towards people who endorse terrorist behavior?  I harbor a great deal of ill will towards people who endorse terrorist behavior.

I harbor no ill towards the general Muslim population; I wish them long life and prosperity.  But I still believe that the religion correlates with violence.

Razgovory

I inferred it by you saying that you bear no ill-will yet indicating that Muslims have yet to say "this terrorism thing was a bad idea, let's all drop it".  Hence the contradiction.  I'm honestly a thrown off by this.  Collective punishment isn't normally your thing.  Should all ethnic groups be profiled?  For instance, I imagine some ethnic group has a higher rate of tax evasion then others.  Should the IRS audit those people more carefully?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Raz insists that we all be politically correct even if it kills us.  Unless it involves rightwingers.  Gotta watch them like hawks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 21, 2013, 03:23:51 PM
Raz insists that we all be politically correct even if it kills us.  Unless it involves rightwingers.  Gotta watch them like hawks.

Muslim fundamentalists are right wingers.  And I insist on equal protection under the law.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2013, 02:46:26 PM
I harbor no ill towards the general Muslim population; I wish them long life and prosperity.  But I still believe that the religion correlates with violence.

I find myself agreeing less with Yi as I get older after opening my eyes to the daily facefucking we suffer from his 1%, but I do agree that there is an intrinsic element of violence that specifically increases Islamic shareholder value.

While I'm sure the world's majority of Mooselimbs peacefully endorse the concept that everybody else eventually submit to Allah's will, PBUH, there does exists a fundamental correlation of violence with Islamitude that is not found in other modern day religions to such a degree, and see nothing wrong with increasing immigration scrutiny on those individuals--much like we do and have done with specific nationalities.

Razgovory

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2013, 03:16:41 PM
I inferred it by you saying that you bear no ill-will yet indicating that Muslims have yet to say "this terrorism thing was a bad idea, let's all drop it".  Hence the contradiction.  I'm honestly a thrown off by this.  Collective punishment isn't normally your thing.  Should all ethnic groups be profiled?  For instance, I imagine some ethnic group has a higher rate of tax evasion then others.  Should the IRS audit those people more carefully?

Think of it this way.  There are 100 Muslims standing in a room.  Not all of them will bomb a race, but I don't know for sure which will and which won't..  The 99 that will not bomb a race I have no ill will towards.  But I'm still going to worry if all 100 of them put on backpacks and head to a crowded public space, in a way that I won't worry about 100 Norwegian backpackers.

derspiess

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2013, 04:48:06 PM

Think of it this way.  There are 100 Muslims standing in a room.  Not all of them will bomb a race, but I don't know for sure which will and which won't..  The 99 that will not bomb a race I have no ill will towards.  But I'm still going to worry if all 100 of them put on backpacks and head to a crowded public space, in a way that I won't worry about 100 Norwegian backpackers.

Yeah, because those guys never do anything sociopathic.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on April 21, 2013, 05:27:28 PM
Yeah, because those guys never do anything sociopathic.   :hmm:

I'm sure Yi would be more concerned about 100 Norwegian sailors in a bar than 100 Muslim sailors, though.

DGuller

See, this is why people are calling you bigoted.  Tolerant people are not expressing such thoughts out loud.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on April 21, 2013, 05:52:25 PM
See, this is why people are calling you bigoted.  Tolerant people are not expressing such thoughts out loud.

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Razgovory

So the state should take action because you are edgy about certain ethnic groups?