Chechnya Is Not Czech Republic, Twitter Reminds Itself (TWEETS)

Started by Martinus, April 20, 2013, 07:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

You didn't say that.  You yawned which I interpreted as "old news".  You can look at the poll if you like.  It was done by Zogby at the request of the Arab American institute.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

I'm sure we can trust the Ayrabs and their guy Zogby to do a non-biased poll.  Cuz there's no way they'd want to portray themselves as victims.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Do you have evidence of a biased poll or are you just throwing that out there cause you got nothing else?  This is usually about the time you skulk off, so I suppose that's a third choice. 

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2013, 12:38:22 PM
Do you have evidence of a biased poll or are you just throwing that out there cause you got nothing else?  This is usually about the time you skulk off, so I suppose that's a third choice. 

I'm just saying I'd take the poll with a large grain of salt.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Because you don't like what it says or because you found systematic errors in methods.? I mean, if you can find another poll that discounts it, I'm all ears.  Looking around, I'm find other polls concerning Republicans and Muslims that indicate hostility amongst Republicans toward Muslims.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155285/atheists-muslims-bias-presidential-candidates.aspx

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146540/republicans-democrats-disagree-muslim-hearings.aspx

derspiess

Razgovory

derspiess

Razgovory

Hey, you asked for it.

I think the GOP has gotten worse on Muslims since Obama was elected.  Bush kinda kept them in check.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2013, 02:07:59 PM
Hey, you asked for it.

I think the GOP has gotten worse on Muslims since Obama was elected.  Bush kinda kept them in check.

Raz, my original point was that I find Peter King to be an embarrassment and that I don't think he generally represents the GOP.

derspiess

Kleves

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2013, 12:28:37 PM
Actually the poll is pretty interesting.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103694579/The-American-Divide-Zogby-Poll
Why on earth would anyone actually have a favorable view of Islam (if they're not a Muslim)?  :yeahright:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Kleves on April 22, 2013, 02:42:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2013, 12:28:37 PM
Actually the poll is pretty interesting.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103694579/The-American-Divide-Zogby-Poll
Why on earth would anyone actually have a favorable view of Islam (if they're not a Muslim)?  :yeahright:

Favorable view of muslims and arab Americans.