U.S. Boy Scouts set to end ban on gay members

Started by garbon, April 19, 2013, 10:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 03, 2014, 03:39:33 PM
You can fire people if they are gay in Missouri.

This, of course, varies wildly. Apparently in MO there is a mix of what you can/can't do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_employment_discrimination_in_the_United_States

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Interesting, my uncle refused to hire a tranny to be a principal in his school district in NJ a while back.  Wonder if it was before their discrimination laws, or if he figured out some other way to avoid hiring him?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

We had a guy once who showed up one day dressed as a woman. I (and others) suspected he just wanted in the chick restrooms.

The company paid him some money to just move on down the road.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Awesome, 'Ease on Down The Road' from The Wiz is now stuck in my head. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2014, 04:20:00 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 03, 2014, 03:39:33 PM
You can fire people if they are gay in Missouri.

This, of course, varies wildly. Apparently in MO there is a mix of what you can/can't do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_employment_discrimination_in_the_United_States

Huh, well what do you know.  I know you can discriminate in the private sector in Missouri, cause my brother got canned due to it.  I guess the private sector once against is leading the way in freedom.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2014, 08:30:45 PM
As in he told you that's why he was fired?

Actually he quit because they told him they would fire him because he was gay.  But it's close enough.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 03, 2014, 08:34:48 PM

Actually he quit because they told him they would fire him because he was gay.  But it's close enough.

Again, he reported that though? Your brother seems kinda slutty but you haven't made him seem like the most...trustworthy?

Also, why quit? Where's the unemployment in that?

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2014, 08:39:15 PM

Again, he reported that though? Your brother seems kinda slutty but you haven't made him seem like the most...trustworthy?

Also, why quit? Where's the unemployment in that?

What can I say?  He's stupid.  I don't think he lied about it though.  He's very scrupulous with that kind of thing.

garbon

crazy canuck

There was a gay fellow who was terminated from one of the major firms a number of years back.  He was convinced it was because he was gay.  The truth was he was a terrible lawyer.  The other thing he didnt know is the guy who fired him was also gay.   At least the terminated fellow sure carried on like he didnt know his boss was gay as he wrote a number of scathing emails accusing his boss of being homophobic.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 04, 2014, 01:36:14 PM

There was a gay fellow who was terminated from one of the major firms a number of years back.  He was convinced it was because he was gay.  The truth was he was a terrible lawyer.

Yeah that's kind of what I was getting at.

The Minsky Moment

In other news, the Boy Scouts announced there will be a special one-time merit badge for any scout who assists in unlocking the world's largest closet.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson