U.S. Boy Scouts set to end ban on gay members

Started by garbon, April 19, 2013, 10:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Siege

No way.
This is the end of the wold as we know it.
A non-fag org should appear soon.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on May 27, 2013, 03:43:40 AM
No way.

If the Army can handle them, why can't the BSA?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 27, 2013, 03:45:04 AM
No way.

If the Army can handle them, why can't the BSA?

Children?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

If the Boy Scouts start turning kids gay, the others can just have more kids to make up for it.

Martinus

No way.

Why haven't you been taken out by some stray bullet yet, so you could find for yourself that your shitty Jehovah is some fairy-tale?

DGuller

Tommy DeVito is dead, and Siege is alive?  That's just not fair.  :(

Eddie Teach

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/disney-ends-funding-boy-scouts-over-gay-policy-220320665.html

QuoteDisney ends funding to Boy Scouts over gay policy

The Walt Disney Company will cut funding to the Boy Scouts of America beginning in 2015 because of a policy that bans gay adult leaders in the organization.

The Boy Scouts organization is "disappointed" by the decision, which will affect the organization's ability to serve children, Deron Smith, a Boy Scouts spokesman, said in a statement Sunday. Disney does not provide direct funding to the Boy Scouts, but it donates money to some troops in exchange for volunteer hours completed by Disney employees, he said.

"We believe every child deserves the opportunity to be a part of the Scouting experience and we are disappointed in this decision because it will impact our ability to serve kids," he said.

David Jefferson, chief spokesman for The Walt Disney Company, did not respond to calls or emails.

Disney's decision came to light after the president of a local Boy Scout council based in Orlando, Fla., where Disney World is based, sent a memo alerting local troops to the decision.

The memo was posted on the website of Scouts for Equality, an organization that is critical of the Boy Scouts' policy to ban adult gay troop leaders.

The Boy Scouts lifted a ban on gay youth last year.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Is banning gay troup leaders contrary to US human rights laws (Fed or State)?

Razgovory

You can fire people if they are gay in Missouri.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I don't think sexual orientation is a "protected class."