U.S. Boy Scouts set to end ban on gay members

Started by garbon, April 19, 2013, 10:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on April 19, 2013, 10:35:25 PM
Dude, right now the BSA are waiting to see what the LDS will do regarding allowing gays into their cabal. While the Mormons may not run the BSA, they most definitely drive policy, which means that they, effectively, "run" the BSA.
Well I think my analogy re: the NRA and the GOP was a good one, so let me ask you this:  do you think that the NRA runs the Republican Party?  If so then while I don't agree with you in either the case of the GOP or the BSA, I can understand your point of view, and probably we're saying almost the same thing except I guess I am more of a literalist than you are. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on April 24, 2013, 09:34:34 AM
Well I think my analogy re: the NRA and the GOP was a good one, so let me ask you this:  do you think that the NRA runs the Republican Party?  If so then while I don't agree with you in either the case of the GOP or the BSA, I can understand your point of view, and probably we're saying almost the same thing except I guess I am more of a literalist than you are. :)

Yes, I do, and yes, I think we are, and yes, I agree. :)

:hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

Ban lifted :yeah:

Adult gays are still banned though. :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on May 24, 2013, 06:28:33 AM

That's even more offensive, imo.

Previously, the ban could have been justified on "moral"/religious grounds. Now, they are effectively saying that adult gay people are pedophiles.

Caliga

They want to keep Mart away from impressionable youth.  You might turn them gay. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 19, 2013, 09:09:06 PM
She was so whacked out from the fall and injury, and grateful to the scouts, that when they got there, she kept trying to show the kids her nasty injury and how the scoutmaster had fixed it, cause she thought it would be a good "learning experience" for them, but the scoutmaster was desperately trying to keep from scaring these little boys with her dangling hand and bone sticking out of the skin.  :lol:

That's an awesome story.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 24, 2013, 06:51:54 AM

Previously, the ban could have been justified on "moral"/religious grounds. Now, they are effectively saying that adult gay people are pedophiles.
Have you ever known a gay that wasn't a pedophile?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2013, 02:21:19 PM
So gays are already allowed into the army and boyscouts? What's next? The KKK and neonazis?

It's laughable how we want to be a part of those patriarchal (para)military circle-jerks.

What exactly about being gay means you do not like patriarchal (para)military circle-jerks?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 24, 2013, 06:51:54 AM

It's a compromise...which of course are usually offensive to everybody.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Don't worry, one day you'll be allowed in. :console:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Malthus

Quote from: katmai on May 24, 2013, 12:13:46 PM

Don't worry, one day you'll be allowed in. :console:

They will never admit people who work in HR.   ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius