News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 10:25:58 AM
I know you love the concept of government handouts, so your reaction was totally expected.
I think the only totally expected reaction was your own.  So, we have a case of one bad apple possibly abusing the welfare system, and your solution is to punish millions under that pretext?  Yeah, that totally passes the smell test.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 10:31:56 AM
How so?

Past statements.

Do you have any examples? I don't think I secretly love handouts and welfare. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

They also had a fire arm.  I don't suppose we'll punish millions of firearm owners as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on April 30, 2013, 10:41:25 AM
They also had a fire arm.  I don't suppose we'll punish millions of firearm owners as well.
:XD:

derspiess

I bet you'd like that, nancy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 09:34:32 AM
Perhaps we should consider increasing requirements for people who come here seeking asylum :hmm:

Maybe.  But I have no idea what sorts of requirements presently exist or what sorts of increases would have caught these guys.

As for all the siphoning they did...we are probably going to siphon far more just sending our kids to public school no?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 11:01:04 AM

I bet you'd like that, nancy.

This conservative blind spot amuses me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2013, 11:14:29 AM
Maybe.  But I have no idea what sorts of requirements presently exist or what sorts of increases would have caught these guys.

We could have denied their parents' request.  They requested political asylum from Russia (where they both now live, oddly enough) and we gave it to them, despite the fact that Mr. Tsarnaev also held a Kyrgyzstan passport and could have settled there.

QuoteAs for all the siphoning they did...we are probably going to siphon far more just sending our kids to public school no?

Our kids belong here.  And I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that they won't be terrorists.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 11:17:56 AM
We could have denied their parents' request.  They requested political asylum from Russia (where they both now live, oddly enough) and we gave it to them, despite the fact that Mr. Tsarnaev also held a Kyrgyzstan passport and could have settled there.

Hmmmm...that is weird. :hmm: Normally people who want to come have to get lucky at a lottery but we took them via asylum when they could have legally gone somplace else?  I do not know much about that process but that does sound weird.

QuoteOur kids belong here.  And I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that they won't be terrorists.

They better not :angry:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Our kids belong here.  And I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that they won't be terrorists.
Unless they get into gun culture, in which case they'll end up in militias who bomb federal buildings.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 10:25:58 AM

I know you love the concept of government handouts, so your reaction was totally expected.

I do? How odd. I mean, I appreciate that our country is wealthy enough to help people get from Point A to Point B without dying of lack of food or exposure, yes, but "love the concept of government handouts" might be going a bit too far.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Can you really?

*queue pictures of Timothy McVey, Columbine Killers, Unabomber, etc.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2013, 11:43:57 AM
Unless they get into gun culture, in which case they'll end up in militias who bomb federal buildings.

Or maybe-- just maybe-- they'll become responsible gun owners like me, Seedy, 11B, Ed, and, uh, Cal.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive