And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2013, 10:51:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2013, 05:08:28 PM
"I rise today to express grave doubts about the Obama Administration's counterterrorism policies and programs," said the freshman congressman from Arkansas. "Counterterrorism is often shrouded in secrecy, as it should be, so let us judge by the results. In barely four years in office, five jihadists have reached their targets in the United States under Barack Obama: the Boston Marathon bomber, the underwear bomber, the Times Square Bomber, the Fort Hood shooter, and in my own state—the Little Rock recruiting office shooter. In the over seven years after 9/11 under George W. Bush, how many terrorists reached their target in the United States? Zero! We need to ask, 'Why is the Obama Administration failing in its mission to stop terrorism before it reaches its targets in the United States?'"

Does he care to be specific as to which policies he has a problem with?  Obama has done pretty much everything Bush did only more so.  I hope these are not the same guys crusading against Obama using drones and doing mean stuff to American citizens...that would be sad. 

Anyway, if we consider the Time Square bomber and the underwear bomber 'reaching his target' we also had a few terrorism attempts stopped by citizens during the Bush years as well so I do not get why those get thrown in there and then pronouncing Bush had zero.  Pretty weak.  We had one attack killing four people on our soil.

I thought the Times Square bomber was caught in a sting operation.  Besides thousands of Americans died at the hands of terrorists after 9-11.  It just happened that most of them were soldiers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2013, 10:46:51 PM
Limousine Liberal?  I thought his GF was also an immigrant, some sort of Euro.

Edit: oh I guess she is from Mass I wonder why I thought she was a Euro?  Weird.  So her family says they did not really know the man she married...and it seems he beat her and called her a whore and so forth...her family may or may not be liberals but they are a pretty shitty bunch for just standing by while that happened.  The statements from the family are just bizarre and detached from reality as if her hubby just tragically got whacked by a bus rather than having a clear record of being a horrible human being to their daughter and then shockingly going out like a horrible human being.

Do they have documentation that was happening?

I wouldn't in the least be suprised if that was the case. However, a plausible alternative was that she fell into whatever worldview her husband had, was his partner, and could potentially end up charged as an accomplice. If I was advising her, a strategy might be to build a narrative that she was abused and emotionally distant from him.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2013, 10:46:51 PM
Limousine Liberal?  I thought his GF was also an immigrant, some sort of Euro.

Edit: oh I guess she is from Mass I wonder why I thought she was a Euro?  Weird.  So her family says they did not really know the man she married...and it seems he beat her and called her a whore and so forth...her family may or may not be liberals but they are a pretty shitty bunch for just standing by while that happened.  The statements from the family are just bizarre and detached from reality as if her hubby just tragically got whacked by a bus rather than having a clear record of being a horrible human being to their daughter and then shockingly going out like a horrible human being.

Heh, reminds me somewhat of a friend of my parents. Her daughter fell in with a cult that, of all things, was composed of extreme Jewish converts from Islam (the woman was not herself Islamic - her family were wealthy liberal Jews from Forest Hill). They made her marry a husband chosen by them who abused her something fierce - and pop out kids one after another. Their "rabbi" ruled them all, set up marriages, told them where to live, etc. - she moved to Israel at the behest of the cult leader and her husband and lived in a slum. Her husband, naturally, did no work (he was busy studying the "rabbi"s wisdom all day), so she had to work to support them all (while popping out an endless string of kids).

Eventually, the parents, having tried everything else, simply bought off the "rabbi" with a cash payment and their daughter and grandkids were returned, somewhat the worse for wear. She's still extremely religious but no longer a member of that particular cult. 

Why any woman who was not severely retarded would voluntarily join such an organization and live such a lifestyle having not grown up into it I have no idea, but evidently it happens.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on April 25, 2013, 08:37:01 AM

Yeah police reports she seems to have called 911 on him.  Plus witnesses claim they would have violent arguments.

QuoteI wouldn't in the least be suprised if that was the case. However, a plausible alternative was that she fell into whatever worldview her husband had, was his partner, and could potentially end up charged as an accomplice. If I was advising her, a strategy might be to build a narrative that she was abused and emotionally distant from him.

She and her family are not saying this at all.  They are shocked this was happening and being asked to be left along in their grief...as if some sort of tragedy befell him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2013, 08:56:57 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 25, 2013, 08:37:01 AM

Yeah police reports she seems to have called 911 on him.  Plus witnesses claim they would have violent arguments.

QuoteI wouldn't in the least be suprised if that was the case. However, a plausible alternative was that she fell into whatever worldview her husband had, was his partner, and could potentially end up charged as an accomplice. If I was advising her, a strategy might be to build a narrative that she was abused and emotionally distant from him.

She and her family are not saying this at all.  They are shocked this was happening and being asked to be left along in their grief...as if some sort of tragedy befell him.

Thanks.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on April 25, 2013, 08:24:55 AM
Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot that you can do in those circumstances. If she's going to stay with him, she's going to stay with him, and it's in your personal best interest to divorce yourself from the situation to maintain your own sanity.

Well if they felt that way, and that would be understandable, they would have responded like the his uncle did. But that is not what they are doing, their response was weird.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2013, 08:56:57 AMShe and her family are not saying this at all.  They are shocked this was happening and being asked to be left along in their grief...as if some sort of tragedy befell him.

Seems reasonable enough to me. I mean, to have someone you think of your partner for life, a member of your family, and the father of your child/ grand child to turn out to me a crazy asshole murderer, that's pretty tragic. If your wife killed a bunch of people in a terrorist attack, you'd be pretty devastated too I'd imagine.

KRonn

Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2013, 04:09:17 PM
The boys uncle, the one who called them "losers", is getting fan mail.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/24/boston-bomb-suspects-uncle-gets-love-mail-for-calling-them-losers/

Lol. But hey, he seems like the only sane one in the family group!

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on April 25, 2013, 09:50:22 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2013, 08:56:57 AMShe and her family are not saying this at all.  They are shocked this was happening and being asked to be left along in their grief...as if some sort of tragedy befell him.

Seems reasonable enough to me. I mean, to have someone you think of your partner for life, a member of your family, and the father of your child/ grand child to turn out to me a crazy asshole murderer, that's pretty tragic. If your wife killed a bunch of people in a terrorist attack, you'd be pretty devastated too I'd imagine.

Then again, it seems like he was an asshole and didn't treat her too well. I'm sure they saw signs of his Islamist nuttiness.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on April 25, 2013, 10:17:46 AM
Quote from: Jacob on April 25, 2013, 09:50:22 AM

Then again, it seems like he was an asshole and didn't treat her too well. I'm sure they saw signs of his Islamist nuttiness.
Weren't they separated, hubby having beaten the wife, police called and such? The guy had also become extremist, radical, possibly she felt endangered by him, so I'd assume she didn't have anywhere near the same feelings for him as early in their marriage. Same to be said for the woman's parents, I'd think.

Jacob

Still... there's quite a jump from family member with a dysfunctional, possibly abusive relationship (where many people hold out hope for redemption and reconciliation) to attempted mass-murdering terrorist and number one hated person of the moment (and dead).

I mean... how is taking someone into your family and having him turn out to be a hateful loser who tries to kill people not tragic?

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on April 25, 2013, 11:17:01 AM
Still... there's quite a jump from family member with a dysfunctional, possibly abusive relationship (where many people hold out hope for redemption and reconciliation) to attempted mass-murdering terrorist and number one hated person of the moment (and dead).

I mean... how is taking someone into your family and having him turn out to be a hateful loser who tries to kill people not tragic?

But I think they probably already knew (or ought to have known) that he was a hateful loser.

FWIW, I watched the Tsarnaev parents' press conference.  Mom sure isn't the shy, withdrawn type.  And their dad is apparently Pete Townshend.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 25, 2013, 11:43:11 AM
Quote from: Jacob on April 25, 2013, 11:17:01 AM

But I think they probably already knew (or ought to have known) that he was a hateful loser.

FWIW, I watched the Tsarnaev parents' press conference.  Mom sure isn't the shy, withdrawn type.  And their dad is apparently Pete Townshend.

The mother needs a hellfire enema.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Anybody else think this was a false flag operation by gubbermint black ops types in order to get the TSA expanded and posted at every sporting event?
PDH!