News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

He seemed like a good dude.  I feel bad for him being caught up in this crazy-ass shit.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Let the commissions and the filibustering begin.

QuoteSen. Lindsey Graham still has a lot of questions about the Boston bombing suspects, saying Wednesday that the administration was "letting its guard down" on national security.

"Something's not right here. I don't want to be judgmental, but I want to make sure we're safe," the Republican from South Carolina told Martha MacCallum of Fox News. "Between Benghazi and Boston, we're going backward in national security. This administration is letting its guard down and it is beginning to show."

Graham made it clear that he still sought concrete answers as to how the Tsarnaev brothers managed to carry out the April 15 Boston Marathon bombing, when the older brother was on the FBI watchlist.

"If you Google terrorists, you will find the older brother on the Web, a YouTube video of him declaring war on us, saying we're a Christian nation, we're infidels. How could the FBI, after the interview in 2011, not pick up that traffic where this guy is visiting radical Web sites?" Graham said.

The eldest Tsarnaev brother later died in a shootout with law enforcement, but his younger brother is in custody at a hospital where he is being treated for injuries.

"This administration has a hard time embracing we're at war with radical Islam. ... [The surviving brother] has got a lawyer [and] he deserves all the protections of a citizen in federal court," Graham added. "He can't be tried by military commission because citizens are excluded, but he is a prime candidate for enemy combatant status and contrary to what some people say, American citizens have been held as enemy combatants for decades in this country when they side with the enemy. This idea of interviewing him through a lawyer makes no sense to me from a national security purpose."

QuoteCongressman: 'Five Jihadists Have Reached Their Targets in the United States Under Barack Obama'

"I rise today to express grave doubts about the Obama Administration's counterterrorism policies and programs," said the freshman congressman from Arkansas. "Counterterrorism is often shrouded in secrecy, as it should be, so let us judge by the results. In barely four years in office, five jihadists have reached their targets in the United States under Barack Obama: the Boston Marathon bomber, the underwear bomber, the Times Square Bomber, the Fort Hood shooter, and in my own state—the Little Rock recruiting office shooter. In the over seven years after 9/11 under George W. Bush, how many terrorists reached their target in the United States? Zero! We need to ask, 'Why is the Obama Administration failing in its mission to stop terrorism before it reaches its targets in the United States?'"

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on April 24, 2013, 04:16:54 PM
He seemed like a good dude.  I feel bad for him being caught up in this crazy-ass shit.
Too bad some Caucasian ritual would require the dad to slaughter him and his whole family.  :(

garbon

Bloomberg seems to have joined the Repubs on this issue.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

He's not easily classified on the whole, but on individual issues he definitely can be.  When it comes to national security, Bloomberg very much "caucuses" with the worst of Republicans.

garbon

Right? A republican pushing for a nanny state on healthy behavior?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on April 24, 2013, 06:24:23 PM
When it comes to national security, Bloomberg very much "caucuses" with the worst of Republicans.

He's the Mayor of the Biggest Bullseye outside of Washington, DC.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2013, 06:25:33 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 24, 2013, 06:24:23 PM
When it comes to national security, Bloomberg very much "caucuses" with the worst of Republicans.

He's the Mayor of the Biggest Bullseye outside of Washington, DC.

Yep.

Caliga

So the older bro's wife is pretty cute... what I'm wondering is how dumb she'd have to be to want to shackle herself to that piece of shit loser. :hmm:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 24, 2013, 06:49:48 PM
So the older bro's wife is pretty cute... what I'm wondering is how dumb she'd have to be to want to shackle herself to that piece of shit loser. :hmm:

Pretty damned stupid, I'd say. She converted to Islam for him & then worked 80 hour weeks while his lazy ass sat around doing nothing productive.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Well he apparently produced some bombs. :)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on April 24, 2013, 06:49:48 PM

Nonzero probability of limousine liberal love the third worlder Peace Corps hippie type.