News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

As much as I enjoy watching the FBI take it in the nuts, I really don't think you can hang this one on them.

But it will be interesting to watch the GOP use this to bring government to a halt.  I wonder what they'll filibuster next over this. 

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2013, 06:06:02 AM
As much as I enjoy watching the FBI take it in the nuts, I really don't think you can hang this one on them.

But it will be interesting to watch the GOP use this to bring government to a halt.  I wonder what they'll filibuster next over this.

Sadly, whomever was in charge of investigating the one terrorist will probably have his career come to an end over this. Budget/Staffing issues suck (I always love being told to do the work of 4-5 people in half the time it would take them).

I am sure the GOP will use this to bring immigration reform to a screeching halt. It's really not Obama's fault but there have been a lot of terrorist incidents, both home and abroad, during his watch. It will all soon mesh into a perfect storm of gridlock.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Ed Anger

I'd like to see the mouthy aunt in Canada take a Hellfire in the ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Strix on April 22, 2013, 08:10:22 AM

Sadly, whomever was in charge of investigating the one terrorist will probably have his career come to an end over this. Budget/Staffing issues suck (I always love being told to do the work of 4-5 people in half the time it would take them).

I am sure the GOP will use this to bring immigration reform to a screeching halt. It's really not Obama's fault but there have been a lot of terrorist incidents, both home and abroad, during his watch. It will all soon mesh into a perfect storm of gridlock.
How could he possibly be to blame for what went on overseas?

This is the first major terror attack since 9/11. How is that a lot?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 22, 2013, 01:48:33 AM
Your psychic powers are amazing.

Fahdiz wasn't impressed.  I suspect it has to do with broom related medical issues.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2013, 08:12:27 AM

Fahdiz wasn't impressed.  I suspect it has to do with broom related medical issues.

I wasn't impressed either. Predicting that politicians will try to make political capital out of major events is a bit like predicting the sun will rise in the east.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 22, 2013, 08:12:07 AM

Well Yi, Seeds and Der are already on the bandwagon of clamping down immigration for Muslims post this incident.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

I didn't say major attacks. I said attacks. The GOP will use this bombing as the "straw that broke the camels back" when it comes to terrorism under Obama. They will use the Fort Hood shooting, the Little Rock Recruit Center shooting, the failed Underwear Bomb, and the failed Times Square Bomb, and Benghazi.

I am sure there are some other shootings they will try and pin on him as well such as the Binghamton Massacre.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 22, 2013, 08:20:21 AM
Well Yi, Seeds and Der are already on the bandwagon of clamping down immigration for Muslims post this incident.

Hey, I'm all for clamping down immigration for Muslims for a whole lot of other reasons, too.

Razgovory

Quote from: Strix on April 22, 2013, 08:23:40 AM

I didn't say major attacks. I said attacks. The GOP will use this bombing as the "straw that broke the camels back" when it comes to terrorism under Obama. They will use the Fort Hood shooting, the Little Rock Recruit Center shooting, the failed Underwear Bomb, and the failed Times Square Bomb, and Benghazi.

I am sure there are some other shootings they will try and pin on him as well such as the Binghamton Massacre.

Wait, we count failed terrorist attacks now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 22, 2013, 08:26:38 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 22, 2013, 08:20:21 AM

Hey, I'm all for clamping down immigration for Muslims for a whole lot of other reasons, too.

They smell like feet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 22, 2013, 08:16:24 AM

I wasn't impressed either. Predicting that politicians will try to make political capital out of major events is a bit like predicting the sun will rise in the east.  :P

Ah, but I said only if it was a Muslim.  I doubt there will be hearing on the ricin attack.

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2013, 08:56:14 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 22, 2013, 08:16:24 AM

Ah, but I said only if it was a Muslim.  I doubt there will be hearing on the ricin attack.

I'm all for clamping down hard on Elvis impersonators, myself.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on April 22, 2013, 08:58:28 AM
I'm all for clamping down hard on Elvis impersonators, myself.

HEY NOW
LEAVE THE KING OUTTA THIS

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 22, 2013, 08:56:14 AM

Is there anything for either party to gain from hearings on the ricin attack?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?