Kerry says U.S. ready to "reach out" to North Korea

Started by Strix, April 14, 2013, 01:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2013, 10:34:26 PM
Exactly what are the great crimes of the Obama administration then, Derspeiss?  Which Freedoms has he taken from us?

Am I not allowed to disagree with the President?  :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Sure, but what terrible thing has he done?  Most of your gripes seem to be over symbollic things, like not looking tough enough.  Not using the word terrorist enough, and other absurdities.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 10:19:07 PM
I'm still waiting for you to explain where you think he went wrong "a few days ago".

Canceling the missile test, you goof. 

I know you're thick sometimes on the whole "international nuance" thing, but you do realize that wasn't for North Korean consumption, don't you?

Announced missile test or not, the Chinese and Russian strategic missile defense networks don't need to see an ICBM launch during a time when the balloon could go up at any moment on the peninsula, and we've been sortieing B-2s and shit.

Fuck, Yelstin almost pushed the button in '95 when the Norwegians launched a scientific test missile that looked like a Trident launch, and the Russian duty officers freaked the fuck out because they didn't get the fucking memo.

Think, man. Fuck.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2013, 10:44:22 PM
Sure, but what terrible thing has he done?  Most of your gripes seem to be over symbollic things, like not looking tough enough.  Not using the word terrorist enough, and other absurdities.

Not taking the bait on that. Brad.  Just accept the fact that I disagree with Obama's policies and his political views.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 10:46:12 PM
I know you're thick sometimes on the whole "international nuance" thing, but you do realize that wasn't for North Korean consumption, don't you?

I realize that's your little pet theory.  But hey, as long such rationalizations help you sleep at night knowing that your president can do no wrong, keep on keepin' on, man.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 10:53:18 PM
:lol:  Pet theory.

OK, derLeMay.

I'll take that as a compliment.  My dad served under him and he was a great Ohioan.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 10:49:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2013, 10:44:22 PM

Not taking the bait on that. Brad.  Just accept the fact that I disagree with Obama's policies and his political views.

Yeah, so do alot of Republicans, even if they were George Bush's policies that he simply continued.  It's perplexing.  And no, liberals don't worship their leaders.  They aren't mirror images of conservatives.  They say in holy awe about being in the, "house of Obama", like Republicans do at the Reagan museum.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

katmai

Great Ohioan?

And what is with a West Virginian caring about Ohioans anyway?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 10:55:54 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 15, 2013, 10:53:18 PM
:lol:  Pet theory.

OK, derLeMay.

I'll take that as a compliment.  My dad served under him and he was a great Ohioan.

Was it in the Army, the Airforce or George Wallace campaign?

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2013, 10:59:22 PM
Great Ohioan?

I'm 3/4 Buckeye :contract:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

A West Virginian with Ohio roots?  Twice as useless.

I YAM EESENTIAL CRACKA

dps

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 11:02:06 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2013, 10:59:22 PM
Great Ohioan?

Well, I just lost 75% of my respect for you.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2013, 09:09:14 PM
Think what? Which bit are you asking about?

Why do you think Kerry would have had specific acts in mind if the statement had been intended for North Korea?