News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Berkut on April 23, 2013, 09:05:03 PM
Solmyr, that is a rather nice card - the Phillipines one.

In return for its play as an event, I will abandon Antwerp as long as you also agree not to attempt to revolt in Brussels.

I agree, you move your troops from Antwerp to Brussels (or wherever southwards you feel like), I will not touch Brussels. Preferably on your next impulse.

Played the event, you can add the treasure from it on your next play.

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#57: 4 / Irish Rebellion
Message from Ottoman:
For CPs :

1-4/4 - Patronize artist.

Sinan heads to the +2 zone.  Berkut's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Played Rudolf as the event, moved troops out of Antwerp per agreement, assaulted and took Tunis. File sent.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Draw Extra Strategy card
Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Patron of the Arts for the HRE

Patronizing Tintoretto with Prague Cultural Bonus with Patron of the Arts and Drawing one card.

pre-empting max and ulmont...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

#28: 2 / Morisco Revolt

Message from England:
1/2 Drake in Guinea Coast
2/2 Drake to Indian Ocean

He manages the Cape of Good Hope with no difficulty. Ulmont is up

ulmont

Built one regular in Rouen.  Can't send a file now, but Sol appears to be up.

Solmyr

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 6

Message from Protestants:
Playing HC for conversions. First France, a 6 plus six more.

Request: 6-sided die x 6

Eliminate unrest with one major. Convert Nantes and Cognac.

Next Netherlands, a 6 plus six more.

4 major, 1 minor, 1 unrest. Change to 3 major, 2 minor to ignore unrest. Expand base to Antwerp and Lille with 2 majors, then convert Brussels with 3rd major and Mons with minor. Last minor is lost.

My file includes the English and French moves (as Max's file ignored the one from Viking). Habs up.

Habbaku

Ottomans sponsor a scientist for 4 with Spanish Fury.  On phone so no file.  To the Spanish to roll for my scientist then to play.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Spain: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from Spain:
Ottomans scientist

1-3: 1
4-6: 3

Jihadists sponsor the smart one.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Event
#91: 2 / Cipher Key
Choose one of these two options: (a) Take your Cipher Key marker and move it onto the "Informants Spying on You" box on another player's Power Card, or (b) remove all enemy cipher key markers from your own power card. While your Cipher Key is on another power, you gain the +1 Cryptography bonus against that power. This effect is not cumulative with the Cryptography science bonus.

[FAQ: It is legal to move your Cipher Key marker off one power's Power Card and directly onto a different power.]

Message from Spain:
Place Cipher key on England

Extend impulse with 1 CP treasure:

Merc in Madrid

0 rows returned

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

86   2 / Polish Royal Election [MANDATORY]
End any Foreign Wars between the Holy Roman Empire and Poland. Then, Spain, France, and the Holy Roman (if a player power) have the option to play a card or treasure to advance their candidate for the Polish throne. Reveal all choices simultaneously. Each power playing a card/treasure adds its CP value to the roll of one die. Power with the highest total becomes King of Poland and receives 2 VP, as long as their total exceeds 5. If highest total is 5 or less, no VP awarded (Ivan the Terrible becomes King of Poland). Remove from deck after play. [FAQ: Mandatory Events may not be played for the election; home cards may be. In the case of a tie, France scores the 2 VP if they are one of the tied powers. If not the Holy Roman scores the VP.]

Suppressed a little heresy with the 2 CP.

I sent my card choice to Habbaku, Max, and Solmyr; I figure whoever's awake and around when Berkut and Viking have also sent their choices can resolve.

Viking

Sent my bribe to Krakow. (told Sol, Habbaku and Max which card i choose)

Viking

Waiting on Berkut to declare his bribe (if any) to poland.

Solmyr

I'll make my play now as I'll be away until tomorrow again, most likely.

Protestants: Play Card as Event

#84: 2 / Henry III (Anjou) [MANDATORY]
Charles IX dies. Henry III (Henry of Anjou) replaces Charles as ruler of France; place this card in the ruler space of the French power card. If Charles IX is still in the Young Royals pool or in an unresolved marriage, remove him from the game and dissolve any such marriage. Admin Rating: Save 1 card. Card Bonus: 1 extra card.

2/2: Rebellion in Antwerp, taking Flushing along.