News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Is that everyone then? I think we can start.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Made my play in ACTS.  To Berkut to resolve piracy.  No file until later (posting from phone).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Spain: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 4

Message from Spain:
Piracy, 4 dice

Ottomans get a VP.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations
#54: 3 / Huguenot Lent
Take 8 Protestant conversion attempts that can affect spaces in France. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly.

Message from Spain:
2/3: Patronioze Bautista
3/3: Merc to Milan

Extend with 3 CP treasure

2/3: Gally in Palma
3/3: Naval Move
Galley to Barbary Coast
Papal galley to Adriatic Sea

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Btw, did I miss something? When did every Spanish and Ottoman ship sink?

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on April 22, 2013, 01:07:17 PM
Btw, did I miss something? When did every Spanish and Ottoman ship sink?

You did.  Spanish and Ottomans mostly annihilated each other last turn.  You may remember Berkut saying things like "I can't build any more boats" and the like.

Solmyr

Oh okay. I thought that Ottomans won that more clearly but apparently they lost almost every ship too.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Maximus

Built a regular in Carlisle, over to Ulmont

ulmont

Patronized Palladio with "Commissioned from Italy."  File sent; Viking up.

Solmyr

I'll be away for the whole of tomorrow and Viking's play is unlikely to affect me so I'll make my play now.

Quote#47: 4 / Belgic Confession
Take 8 Protestant Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in the Netherlands. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly. Treat all rolls of "3" as if they were "4".

Request: 6-sided die x 7

Message from Protestants:
One 6 and seven more rolls, 3s are hits.

2 major, 4 minor. Enlarge with majors to Zutphen and Dunkirk. Then convert Groningen, Arnhem, Ghent, and Flushing.

Habs will be up after Viking.

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#97: 5 / St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre
The Protestant player eliminates all his mercenaries in France. Award a +1 Card marker to the Protestant. Flip up to 5 spaces in France that are under Protestant religious influence but French political control to Catholic religious influence. The French player may take a free, immediate Assassination attempt (2 CP) against Coligny. Increase the number of spaces to 8 and Assassination CP to 4 if Navarre is betrothed to a French royal. Remove from deck if played as event.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4/5 Patronize HRE Scientist
5/5 Remove disorder Augsburg

Now I can safely pay off the ottomans if they demand tribute...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Bad news Viking - as you may recall, the Ottomans don't have to accept tribute if they want your land instead.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on April 22, 2013, 06:54:27 PM
Bad news Viking - as you may recall, the Ottomans don't have to accept tribute if they want your land instead.

yes, but the tribute won't include any 5CP cards with nasty events.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 22, 2013, 06:32:34 PM
I'll be away for the whole of tomorrow and Viking's play is unlikely to affect me so I'll make my play now.

Quote#47: 4 / Belgic Confession
Take 8 Protestant Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in the Netherlands. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly. Treat all rolls of "3" as if they were "4".

Request: 6-sided die x 7

Message from Protestants:
One 6 and seven more rolls, 3s are hits.

2 major, 4 minor. Enlarge with majors to Zutphen and Dunkirk. Then convert Groningen, Arnhem, Ghent, and Flushing.

Habs will be up after Viking.

These conversions aren't legal.  Zutphen wasn't connected to a Protestant space at the start of the impulse.  It only connects to Groningen and Arnhem.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien