United States' first food forest to be built in Seattle

Started by merithyn, April 04, 2013, 09:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 05, 2013, 01:39:43 PM
Chorizo is a sausage, but sausage is not chorizo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_a_white_horse_is_not_a_horse

Congratulations - you have invented the beaner version of an ancient Chinese classic of logical discourse.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

Quote from: Malthus on April 05, 2013, 03:17:41 PM

Congratulations - you have invented the beaner version of an ancient Chinese classic of logical discourse.  :D

That reminds me of something Bill James wrote about the Supreme Court decision that said that baseball is a sport, not a business.  James didn't reference the White Horse Dialogue directly (I'm not sure that he's even aware of it), but his discussion of the Court's logic sure sounds like the Court was ruling that a white horse isn't a horse.

Malthus

Quote from: dps on April 05, 2013, 03:28:12 PM

That reminds me of something Bill James wrote about the Supreme Court decision that said that baseball is a sport, not a business.  James didn't reference the White Horse Dialogue directly (I'm not sure that he's even aware of it), but his discussion of the Court's logic sure sounds like the Court was ruling that a white horse isn't a horse.

Heh we probably just killed the thread, as no-one else knows what the fuck we are talking about.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on April 05, 2013, 07:41:14 PM
Quote from: dps on April 05, 2013, 03:28:12 PM

Heh we probably just killed the thread, as no-one else knows what the fuck we are talking about.  :P

And that is different than any other thread here?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Wait we are suppose to have some knowledge of the discussion going on in thread before we can comment....well fuck.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2013, 07:46:30 PM
Wait we are suppose to have some knowledge of the discussion going on in thread before we can comment....well fuck.

I dont see that in the rules.  :mad: Union grievance lodged for change in working conditions. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

I believe that Languish is housed in Right to Work state so you are hosed.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

derspiess

Ed Anger

I'd take away the microwaves and coffee machines from your break rooms, you disloyal little shits.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2013, 09:05:07 PM
I'd take away the microwaves and coffee machines from your break rooms, you disloyal little shits.
You mess with the coffee I will park my truck in your parking space, on top of your Challenger.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom