United States' first food forest to be built in Seattle

Started by merithyn, April 04, 2013, 09:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 05, 2013, 09:35:32 AM
On Saturdays I go to a lady's house to eat authentic Mexican tacos. We know her as "The Taco Lady". She sells tacos out of her home of chorizo (my fav), lengua (tongue), bistec (steak), and carnitas (pork).  :licklips:

Everything sounds awesome except for the lengua.  Ick.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2013, 09:44:18 AM
On Saturdays I go to a lady's house to eat authentic Mexican tacos. We know her as "The Taco Lady". She sells tacos out of her home of chorizo (my fav), lengua (tongue), bistec (steak), and carnitas (pork).  :licklips:

It is tHe Awes0me! Very tender.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Flan is french.

Spanish, mexican, creme caranel, all not flan.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Argentines eat a lot of french-type pastries & whatnot-- I read recently that the Germans actually introduced them to Argie cuisine. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 05, 2013, 09:46:17 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2013, 09:44:18 AM

It is tHe Awes0me! Very tender.

You can keep that.  And ox tail or whatever it is.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2013, 09:47:07 AM
Flan is french.

Spanish, mexican, creme caranel, all not flan.

No, creme caramel is french, flan is spanish and worlwide. It is still the same thing, just in frog language. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

No, no, no, no. No.

Flan has flour, Creme caramel does not.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2013, 10:26:23 AM
No, no, no, no. No.

They're the exact same thing dude.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Like the people who introduced us to poutine have a clue about flan

derspiess

katmai

lustindarkness

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2013, 10:26:23 AM
No, no, no, no. No.

Are you talking about the british flan? Or you just talking out of your ass?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom