Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: KRonn on March 29, 2013, 01:01:55 PM
Yeah right, the US and SK should just react as sheepishly as before, grant concessions, take little action when NK sinks ships or shells SK citizens. I think now the US and SK are really just calling NK's bluffs, saying screw you "we've all been there, done that and it hasn't worked. Now you can stew in your own cesspool."

Wait, who granted them concessions?  NK is angry about a new set of sanctions, and word is China is enforcing them.  I guess Beijing is unhappy about the nuclear stunt last month.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2013, 02:43:29 PM
Quote from: KRonn on March 29, 2013, 01:01:55 PM
Yeah right, the US and SK should just react as sheepishly as before, grant concessions, take little action when NK sinks ships or shells SK citizens. I think now the US and SK are really just calling NK's bluffs, saying screw you "we've all been there, done that and it hasn't worked. Now you can stew in your own cesspool."

Wait, who granted them concessions?  NK is angry about a new set of sanctions, and word is China is enforcing them.  I guess Beijing is unhappy about the nuclear stunt last month.

Canceling maneuvers could be considered a concession.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

So those pics show that Baja California Mexico is toast? Why not target San Diego a little bit north?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

11B4V

:lol: Where'd they get those maps from? An internet grade school second hand sale?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I like the really big wall map in the background.  They obviously can't reach San Diego within three turns, what with it being a fortified port.

Admiral Yi

Maybe releasing these photos is not quite the public relations triumph they had hoped for.

Still can't get over those hats.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on March 29, 2013, 12:04:44 PM
That pic is worth a thousand words Syt. Imagine the cloak and dagger BS going on behind the scenes with the old guard. Would probably make a good HBO miniseries.

:yes:

Indeed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2013, 04:29:48 PM
Maybe releasing these photos is not quite the public relations triumph they had hoped for.

Still can't get over those hats.

The hats aren't exactly new.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

They were captured by the Vietminh in the 1950's and sent to their communist allies in North Korea.  Still using the same hats.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2013, 04:42:27 PM
Quote from: PDH on March 29, 2013, 04:39:16 PM
The candy dish is a nice touch.

It is full of candy corn.  :yuk:

Probably all that hard candy that melts into a huge mass of striped stuff and green bits that one has to smash with a hammer.  Grandma candy
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on March 29, 2013, 08:22:35 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2013, 04:42:27 PM
Quote from: PDH on March 29, 2013, 04:39:16 PM
The candy dish is a nice touch.

It is full of candy corn.  :yuk:

Probably all that hard candy that melts into a huge mass of striped stuff and green bits that one has to smash with a hammer.  Grandma candy

That is the good stuff. Especially the green striped ones.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2013, 08:24:46 PM
Quote from: PDH on March 29, 2013, 08:22:35 PM

That is the good stuff. Especially the green striped ones.

What a fag. 
No wonder your shits are fucked up all the time.