And we're back!

Main Menu

Huntsville, AL

Started by Caliga, March 24, 2013, 05:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

So people go to Alabama of their own free will?!?!?!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Oh look, another bigot. :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2013, 02:44:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 29, 2013, 02:43:50 PM
Ugh, restrooms in the south.
I don't typically have issues.... not even at gas stations. :sleep:

Good rule of thumb- more pumps = more employees = more frequent cleaning.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

lustindarkness

Situation: Caliga will be in Huntsville AL, available for dinner, 27APR2013.
Mission: Drive to Huntsville and meet up with Caliga at Gibson's BBQ.
Execution: Drive 120 miles north on I65 and back to home base, @2 hours each way.
Administration and logistics: Ensure permission from The Wife and funds available for mission. Proper research and intelligence already done: Location, hours and contact phone numbers acquired. Possibility of severe weather noted, need to keep informed of weather conditions.
Vehicle: FJ Cruiser. Ensure full tank of gas, input address into GPS unit.
Command and control: Phone numbers exchanged. Approximate hours of travel informed to The Wife.

After Action Report:
27APR2013
14:15 Finished installing new door knob and locks. Failed to put away all tools used.
14:19 Sent text message to Caliga, final timeframe for meeting verified.
14:20 Took a shower and got dressed.
14:36 Left home, Drove  to meet up with The Wife at The Galeria mall for GPS that was in her car. Required kiss given.
14:59 Acquired GPS, address input, text message to Caliga with ETA of 16:45 (as per GPS) . Weather checked on both smart phone and weather channel in CB radio. Perfect weather at that time.
15:00 Started drive, proper driving music selected.
16:45 Just as GPS estimated, arrived at Gibson's BBQ, 3319 Memorial Parkway Huntsville, AL 35801
Met up with Caliga and Princesca, They were already at the table, a booth by the window. The restaurant had some patrons but not many as it was early for dinner, no Aliens or Men in Black detected. I ordered water, a baked 'tater with chopped porked. I tried all three bbq sauces, the white bbq sauce was good, first time I've seen such a thing. For desert, I had the coconut pie, it was very good. The List was extensive, we spoke about [spoiler]Censored for national security.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Censored for national security.[/spoiler] We had a lovely dinner and conversation.
18:48 We took a "FU Jaron" picture and said good bye.
18:51 Got in truck. I input Home into the GPS and checked the weather, I could see I would drive right through the storm some 10 to 15 miles south. This was correct, I drove through a severe thunderstorm created by the manifestation of rage of Ed Anger for not punching Caliga in the nuts as requested earlier by Katmai. At some points everyone on the interstate was traveling at 40mph with extremely low visibility.
22:00 Mission complete, arrived home.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

lusti has an awesome car btw. :cool:

katmai

The Brain

I'm just gonna assume you talked about me. Women want me and men want to be with me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2013, 03:18:06 PM
lusti has an awesome car btw. :cool:

This is true, I love my truck and what it allows me to do and see.  :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

FJ Cruiser is a truck now :yeahright:

lustindarkness

Quote from: katmai on April 29, 2013, 03:24:33 PM

Body on frame, yes. Since when are SUV a car?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 29, 2013, 03:26:36 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 29, 2013, 03:24:33 PM

Body on frame, yes. Since when are SUV a car?

Ignore him...I've had to endure the "truck" snobs before as well.