Main Menu

Huntsville, AL

Started by Caliga, March 24, 2013, 05:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Can't expect much from a Puerto Rican. <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

After Princesca insisted on paying for my dinner I just could not kick Cal in the nuts.

We had a good time talking about y'all, The List was extensive.

On the way back home I drove through an awesome thunderstorm.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

That thunderstorm was my rage manifesting itself because you didn't punch him in the nuts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2013, 10:05:52 PM
That thunderstorm was my rage manifesting itself because you didn't punch him in the nuts.
:hug:

The Brain

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 27, 2013, 10:04:45 PM

We had a good time talking about y'all, The List was extensive.

So share it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

I just got home maybe 30 minutes ago.  Me = tired.  AAR later if I feel like doing one.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

Quote from: Caliga on April 28, 2013, 04:22:25 PM
I just got home maybe 30 minutes ago.  Me = tired.  AAR later if I feel like doing one.

You won't.  You're a lazy turd.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

PDH

I am grading papers.  I have to call them as I see them.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: PDH on April 28, 2013, 07:14:58 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 28, 2013, 04:22:25 PM

You won't.  You're a lazy turd.
You were right. :)

I'll eventually do it, though.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2013, 09:32:00 AM
I'll eventually do it, though.

No rush. Let Brain stew on it a bit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

AAR, Part I

Thursday, April 25th
We left Thursday morning for our drive down to Alabama.  Our first stop was in Portland, TN at the Tennessee Welcome Center on I-65, where in a bizarre coincidence I ran into one of my co-workers on his way down to Nashville for a work conference.  We exchanged pleasantries, and then I headed south for the mighmarish drive through Nashville; in Nashville, the problem is not traffic but instead the fact that a bucnh of highways join together in all manner of haphazard fashion there.  I've gone through Nashville plenty of times so am 'prepared' for this but it's still stressful as all fuck because you have to constantly switch lanes to avoid both left and right-side lane dropoffs.

Once we were clear of Nashville, I stopped at Stan's Restaurant in Columbia, TN.  I had a pulled pork sammich with baked beans and slaw, and Princesca had beans and cornbread.  Pulled pork was ok, but she said the beans and cornbread were fantastic.  I then went into the bathroom with the intention of taking a dump, but their bathroom was so vile (as in, the urinals didn't seem to flush and so the place stunk of fermenting piss) that I immediately came to regret stopping there in the first place. :x

After fueling up we got back on I-65 and then got off in Ardmore right before the Alabama line, and took a state highway down to Huntsville, which is maybe 10-15 miles at the most south of Tennessee.  We got to the hotel and, for like the first time ever, I wasn't allowed to check in early.  So much for Hilton Honors membership. :mad:  So we sat around in the lobby reading travel brochures to pass the time until our room was ready.

Ed Anger

Ugh, restrooms in the south.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 29, 2013, 02:43:50 PM
Ugh, restrooms in the south.
I don't typically have issues.... not even at gas stations. :sleep:

katmai

Wait this wasn't a work thing?