News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA football, 2013-14

Started by grumbler, March 21, 2013, 07:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Shame. I thought Grantham did a good job overall. Last year's team just had too many new players.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Hey MBM the coaching staff just got announced: http://texassports.com/news/2014/1/15/FB_0115140254.aspx

Vance Bedford: defensive coordinator/secondary
Bruce Chambers: tight ends
Brian Jean-Mary: linebackers/recruiting coordinator
Les Koenning: wide receivers
Tommie Robinson: running backs
Chris Rumph: assistant head coach for defense/defensive line
Chris Vaughn: defensive backs/special teams coordinator
Shawn Watson: assistant head coach for offense/quarterbacks
Joe Wickline: offensive coordinator/offensive line
Pat Moorer: head strength and conditioning coach for football

Woah a Special Teams coordinator?  What a concept.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

There's a lot of whining about it, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but I think I like it as much as you can without seeing it on the field.

I'm really interested in seeing what Wickline does as a full OC.  Run heavy spread is the first thing that came to mind.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 15, 2014, 05:57:57 PM
There's a lot of whining about it, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but I think I like it as much as you can without seeing it on the field.

I'm really interested in seeing what Wickline does as a full OC.  Run heavy spread is the first thing that came to mind.

The whining is ridiculous.  Say what you want to about that staff they are loaded with experience.  I mean there is a long time OC as WR coach for godsake.  I think Wickline was brought over to install the OSU offense and I think that is brilliant.  Some people were surprised the OLine coach was the OC but Missouri and Stanford do the same thing and it seems to work for them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah, I think it sounds just fine and potentially awesome.  I'm also curious to see what Watson can do with the QBs.  Against all odds, Ash improved quite a bit as it is, and he SHOULD have two years of eligibility remaining with the med redshirt.  Swoopes and Heard, especially Heard, could turn into monsters.

PDH

MBM and Valmy:  did you guys see the (supposed) new player rules for Texas?  My thought concerning the no living off campus one was that it will be harder to slip those envelopes of unmarked bills under the doors of players in the Dorm.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:

I like the rules though.  They started spring workouts today.

QuoteCaleb Bluiett ‏@c_blu42 5m
First workout was somethin serious. I'm worn out man...

Oh and hey, apparently Greg Robinson is interviewing for the Cal DC spot.  Or something at Cal.  They'd probably be pretty happy with the D only giving up 16 to Oregon.

PDH

My God, Cal is such a mess right now.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 16, 2014, 07:08:20 PM
Oh and hey, apparently Greg Robinson is interviewing for the Cal DC spot.  Or something at Cal.  They'd probably be pretty happy with the D only giving up 16 to Oregon.

Ok now lets not go into Mack Brown-esque spin.  We did give up over 500 yards.

MadBurgerMaker

I dont give a shit about yardage when it's running up and down the field between the 20s.  They kept them out of the endzone on all but one of their possessions.  Then Case McCoy stepped out there and got them in twice.

E:  I can't believe he subbed Case back in like that. 

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on January 16, 2014, 07:02:58 PM
MBM and Valmy:  did you guys see the (supposed) new player rules for Texas?  My thought concerning the no living off campus one was that it will be harder to slip those envelopes of unmarked bills under the doors of players in the Dorm.

Of course I am plugged in man.

Texas doesn't do that sort of thing (well not anymore there was some shenanigans back when Fred Akers was head coach...but what do you expect from somebody poisoned by Wyoming corruption?).  That is why they have only won one national championship in 43 years.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 16, 2014, 07:15:29 PM
I dont give a shit about yardage.  It's Oregon.  They kept them out of the endzone on all but one of their possessions.  Then Case McCoy stepped out there and got them in twice.

They could have easily scored more.  But anyway I don't want to discuss the 2010 - 2013 Mack Brown era anytime soon :(

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

QuoteThey could have easily scored more.

Yeah, they were kicking field goals because they felt bad for Mack.

PDH

I bet they score a lot on Wyoming next September!
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM