Are uglier women more bitchy than the pretty ones?

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2013, 07:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2013, 10:50:49 AM
Quote from: merithyn on March 21, 2013, 09:56:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2013, 09:11:20 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 21, 2013, 09:06:10 AM
Oh man, sometimes it seems you guys just plain don't like women very much.  :lol:

:thumbsup:

I assumed it was just a bait to me. :P

Not every thread about fat or ugly or bitchy women is about you. :P

True, every thread you start is in some manner about you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Oh man, sometimes it seems you guys just plain don't like women very much.  :lol:

Look at who started the thread....

But yeah, if there is a Languish meme this would be a good candidate.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: derspiess on March 21, 2013, 09:00:10 AM
Well in high school and college it was usually the less attractive ones being nicer because they kind of had to and the more attractive ones acting however they wanted to act, either nice or bitchy depending on their natural disposition.  Worst combination was an ugly girl who thought she was hot and therefore figured she could get away with being bitchy.  But usually they were put in their place.

With my peer groups nowadays (30s/40s), it does seem like that has sort of flipped.  Unattractive women do seem to be more bitchy, and attractive women do seem to be nicer.  I guess one theory could be that the unattractive ones are pissed off from being ignored or treated badly and the attractive ones have less to complain about.

My theory is that if a woman is bitchy then by the time she is 40 it will show in her looks.................kind of like The Picture of Dorian Gray. Goes for men too. If you spend your life pissed-off with the world it is bound to leave a mark.

PDH

I will remain my normal circumspect self and not comment for a few more pages.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on March 21, 2013, 12:23:22 PM
I will remain my normal circumspect self and not comment for a few more pages.

We eagerly await your long term solution to this apparantly vexing problem.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: derspiess on March 21, 2013, 12:32:43 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 21, 2013, 12:25:19 PM
No but foreigners are less bitchy.

Ehhhh that depends on where they're from :ph34r:

If they've been in the US for an appreciable amount of time, they count as non-foreigners. They've been infected.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Yahoo commentator:

QuoteHow do you describe a girl?
Start with a boy, and take away reason and accountability.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

garbon

Ideologue

How DARE you talk about fahdiz that way.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)