Are uglier women more bitchy than the pretty ones?

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2013, 07:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok, so I'm gay so it can't be down to me overlooking bitchy behaviour from prettier women due to sexual attraction - but statistically I noticed that the more condescending, pushy, entitled and arrogant women (and I am not really talking in their relations with me - more when I observe them when dealing with other people) also tend to be ugly (again not talking about high vs low maintenance but more about natural looks).

Is this a thing?

HVC

But as a straight guy you can ignore the ugly ones :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on March 21, 2013, 07:41:23 AM
But as a straight guy you can ignore the ugly ones :P

Shouldn't this has evolved the opposite way, though? I mean, if you are ugly, at least try being nice. :P

HVC

Also, "condescending, pushy, entitled and arrogant " seem like lawyer traits ( :D ), so maybe female lawyers are ugly in poland?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on March 21, 2013, 07:43:14 AM
Also, "condescending, pushy, entitled and arrogant " seem like lawyer traits ( :D ), so maybe female lawyers are ugly in poland?

Oh yes.

Grey Fox

They are all bitchy. Some just are more bitchy in public than others.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Iormlund

No idea. Like Hillary says we filter out the ugly ones, so they can bitch as much as they want and it makes no difference.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Well in high school and college it was usually the less attractive ones being nicer because they kind of had to and the more attractive ones acting however they wanted to act, either nice or bitchy depending on their natural disposition.  Worst combination was an ugly girl who thought she was hot and therefore figured she could get away with being bitchy.  But usually they were put in their place.

With my peer groups nowadays (30s/40s), it does seem like that has sort of flipped.  Unattractive women do seem to be more bitchy, and attractive women do seem to be nicer.  I guess one theory could be that the unattractive ones are pissed off from being ignored or treated badly and the attractive ones have less to complain about.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Is the ugly bitchy one trying to force herself upon the pretty one?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 21, 2013, 09:00:10 AM
Well in high school and college it was usually the less attractive ones being nicer because they kind of had to and the more attractive ones acting however they wanted to act, either nice or bitchy depending on their natural disposition.  Worst combination was an ugly girl who thought she was hot and therefore figured she could get away with being bitchy.  But usually they were put in their place.

With my peer groups nowadays (30s/40s), it does seem like that has sort of flipped.  Unattractive women do seem to be more bitchy, and attractive women do seem to be nicer.  I guess one theory could be that the unattractive ones are pissed off from being ignored or treated badly and the attractive ones have less to complain about.

I think The Forehead is on to something here.

Malthus

Oh man, sometimes it seems you guys just plain don't like women very much.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on March 21, 2013, 09:06:10 AM
Oh man, sometimes it seems you guys just plain don't like women very much.  :lol:

I do.  Even the bitchy ones sometimes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall