V is back. Morena Baccarin is a lizard.

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 21, 2009, 03:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on May 22, 2009, 09:08:54 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 22, 2009, 01:47:55 PM
Quote from: Siege on May 22, 2009, 01:37:06 PM
The Stargate is the best TV show ever.
I have every single season of both SG-1 and Atlantis.
Well, I'm waiting for Atlantis season 5 to come out in DVD.

I also own both movies, Continuun and The Ark of Truth.
Discredited.

Maybe Stargate TV is what passes for good in the third world, but in the civilized world, we have higher standards.
I don't know about this show "The Stargate" that you and Siege are bickering over, but the original Stargate SG-1 on Showtime was quite good Sf, for what it was (an action-adventure series that didn't take itself seriously).  I never watched the follow-on series nor even the last four years of the original, as it passed out of my ken, but I would much rather watch any 12 hours of SG-1 than all of the Star Wars movies put together.
Why do you hate America?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Siege on May 22, 2009, 08:13:50 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 22, 2009, 08:06:35 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 22, 2009, 08:04:59 AM
Sounds like a nice show :)
Hopefully, it won't get cancelled after 13 episodes.

Hopefully they have a structured story arc which finishes when the story is complete. Immediately followed by the writers and producers getting Hugo Awards galore and they immediately move on to make quality sci-fi or television somewhere else.

That's imposible.

It the first milk sells well, the cow has to be milked again, and again, and again...

Wow, Seigy has finally learned something about American culture.

Razgovory

Well he is a Jew.  You'd think at least that part would catch on.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 22, 2009, 09:20:08 PM
You know what annoyed me the most about that show, how they managed to keep it secret from the public. There's just no way with so many people involved that the truth wouldn't get out.
Yeah, right.  Just like the Manhatten Project couldn't be kept a secret - because there were so many people involved.

Of all the things in the show, why pick that to bother you?  Besides which, the show dealt constantly with the difficulty of secrecy, and eventually the project was made public.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

You know what annoyed me the most about that show, how they managed to keep it secret from the public. There's just no way with so many people involved that the truth wouldn't get out.

Extreme Worm Hole!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Siege

How many people were involved in the Apollo project?

And the truth have never got out.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: grumbler on May 23, 2009, 10:40:33 PM
Yeah, right.  Just like the Manhatten Project couldn't be kept a secret - because there were so many people involved.

Of all the things in the show, why pick that to bother you?  Besides which, the show dealt constantly with the difficulty of secrecy, and eventually the project was made public.

iirc, it was made public only to the other big four of the UNSC. And maybe later to more nations. But the general public didn't know about it

katmai

Quote from: Siege on May 23, 2009, 11:36:30 PM

How many people were involved in the Apollo project?

And the truth have never got out.

Oh you crazy little heeb
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Yeah, Mythbusters convincingly refuted many of the moonlanding hoax myths.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.