Main Menu

V is back. Morena Baccarin is a lizard.

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 21, 2009, 03:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on May 21, 2009, 07:48:41 PM
It was based on "It can't happen here" by Sinclair Lewis.  The producers decided to put aliens in it because they were cooler then Fascists.

So you *do* get why one might draw parallels with Obama then.  :hug:

(I had no idea V. was based on a Sinclair Lewis novel.)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 21, 2009, 03:43:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjPQjQGdbU

She chopped off all that glorious hair.  :cry:

Stupid bitch.

That was all she had going for her.

Who was that chick from some TV show that cut short her hair and the ratings for the show fell so much that it got cancelled? I saw her in an interview, and she said: "I guess the hair is important for some people."

Dah.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2009, 08:11:40 PM
(I had no idea V. was based on a Sinclair Lewis novel.)
Not did anyone else.  It was inspirted by the SL novel, but not based on it, even loosely.  Raz has either not read the book, or not seen the miniseries.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

The original V series was pretty great; very good special fx for a tv show of the time (not counting lizard baby). The second series sucked monkey balls.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Ender on May 21, 2009, 04:24:15 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 21, 2009, 04:04:28 PM
Quote from: Ender on May 21, 2009, 04:02:04 PM
Awesome!

When can I watch V?
http://www.amazon.com/V-Original-Miniseries-Marc-Singer/dp/B00005B8UD/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242939677&sr=8-1

tomorrow if you order one day shipping

That wasn't funny.
I thought for a moment that I could buy the new series already.
Anyway, I don't have any money, so whatever.
It was funny for me, and with you admitting falling for it, it is even funnier now.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

After watching the trailer I have to say it doesn't look too bad. I will give this the benefit of doubt, even without Michael Ironside.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Siege on May 21, 2009, 10:00:06 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 21, 2009, 03:43:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjPQjQGdbU

She chopped off all that glorious hair.  :cry:

Stupid bitch.

That was all she had going for her.

Who was that chick from some TV show that cut short her hair and the ratings for the show fell so much that it got cancelled? I saw her in an interview, and she said: "I guess the hair is important for some people."

Dah.
Keri Russell.  Felicity. :wub:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Caliga

Kerri Russell is one of those women who I think is extremely beautiful, yet do not find even remotely HOTT for some reason.  I feel the same way about Catherine Zeta-Jones.

I know y'all are gonna say it's because she has small tits, but I don't think that's actually the reason...

Syt

For the record: I preferred Kaylee over Inara by miles.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Viking

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2009, 06:56:42 AM
For the record: I preferred Kaylee over Inara by miles.

Agreed, but then again I prefer Morena Baccarin to Jewel Staite as well.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.