And we're back!

Main Menu

V is back. Morena Baccarin is a lizard.

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 21, 2009, 03:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2009, 10:36:26 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2009, 06:56:42 AM
For the record: I preferred Kaylee over Inara by miles.

Those are not the characters Morena & Jewel played.
:unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2009, 10:38:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2009, 06:56:42 AM
For the record: I preferred Kaylee over Inara by miles.

Those are not the characters Morena & Jewel played.
:unsure:

Adria & Jennifer Keller
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Anywho, they better find a role for Marc Singer in the new show  :mad:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2009, 10:57:36 AM
Anywho, they better find a role for Marc Singer in the new show  :mad:
More importantly, I want to see Robert Englund eat mice again.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

I'm kind of interested in this show that ABC is going to put out as well.

http://www.slate.com/id/2218759/
QuoteFlash Forward. Rather than running a reel of clips from this classy-looking science-fiction show—the standard upfronts MO—ABC offered the full first act of its pilot. This was sensible; the show seems so dense and sprawling that a clip reel would only have been perplexing. The plot concerns the citizens of L.A. simultaneously experiencing a catastrophic disruption in the space-time continuum. Each Angeleno blacks out for a couple of minutes and comes to having witnessed a couple of minutes of his or her future. Watching it, I, too, was seized by a vision of things to come. It involved this potentially gripping show emerging as a public nuisance. If you have two Tylenol with codeine at hand, you might try imagining Lost as directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Viking on May 22, 2009, 08:06:35 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 22, 2009, 08:04:59 AM
Sounds like a nice show :)
Hopefully, it won't get cancelled after 13 episodes.

Hopefully they have a structured story arc which finishes when the story is complete. Immediately followed by the writers and producers getting Hugo Awards galore and they immediately move on to make quality sci-fi or television somewhere else.

they'll land on earth in the past and all die horibly, followed by a shallow moralistic piece about somrthing with robots. Or possible Mexicans

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2009, 10:37:43 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2009, 10:05:50 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you are wrong.

We know your life history better than you do.  :)

Why do you put that smiley face up after saying something dumb?  Is that something they teach in middle managment classes?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

BuddhaRhubarb

heh. could be good, but then again maybe not.
:p

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2009, 11:44:02 AM
Why do you put that smiley face up after saying something dumb?  Is that something they teach in middle managment classes?
Why did you fail to get that my post was painfully obviously a joke?  Is that something they teach in hiding in mom's basement classes?

Neil

Stargate > Farsuck & that other show.
Now, now.  The Stargate shows and Farscape suck equally.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2009, 11:44:02 AM

Btw, what's so horrible about "middle management".  Not everyone gets to be CEO, and you can make a nice living in that type of job.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2009, 12:48:37 PM
Btw, what's so horrible about "middle management".  Not everyone gets to be CEO, and you can make a nice living in that type of job.

Nothing, of course.  But Raz would have to venture out in the real world to learn this fact.  As it is, his perceptions are based entirely on information he can glean from the internet, and nothing more.

...and for the record, I only have one report at this time (who happens to be a consultant), and produce quite a bit, so I don't think that qualifies me as 'middle management'.  I think the stereotypical middle manager is someone who is in a position to pass all of their work off on underlings and produces nothing, which is the reason they are so often resented.

Siege

Quote from: Viking on May 22, 2009, 08:19:39 AM
Quote from: Siege on May 22, 2009, 08:13:50 AM

That's imposible.

It the first milk sells well, the cow has to be milked again, and again, and again...

I blame the shallowness of the standard sci-fi fan for this. You are, unfortunately in this case, right.

What are you talking about?
I am ALWAYS right.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"