Would you consider your spouse getting fat a good reason for divorce?

Started by MadImmortalMan, March 13, 2013, 03:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuming he/she wasn't fat when you married.

Yes
30 (60%)
No
13 (26%)
I'll have a Jumbo Jack with extra ketchup, large fries and a Diet Coke
7 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 49

HVC

Lol no wonder she has issues. "thanks for putting up with our daughter. Here's some cash"
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on March 19, 2013, 09:04:11 PM
Lol no wonder she has issues. "thanks for putting up with our daughter. Here's some cash"

Like you wouldn't take that in a heartbeat.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2013, 09:07:46 PM

yes, but you know part of my history :D

The closest i ever got was a dad in a run about way telling me a should date his other daughter. It was a weird family.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on March 19, 2013, 09:14:58 PM

The closest i ever got was a dad in a run about way telling me a should date his other daughter. It was a weird family.

At the same time.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on March 19, 2013, 08:27:16 PM
Was @ you. Fucker Ed fucking fucked it up.

:nelson:  So how do you bean enthusiasts treat your women?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 19, 2013, 09:16:51 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 19, 2013, 09:14:58 PM

At the same time.
not that weird lol

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on March 19, 2013, 10:02:03 AM
What she gave up on was the idea that she had to be thin to be beautiful.

You know, I know you're gonna ignore me again, and that's cool, but why is it that the world must change to find overweight people attractive?  I don't think anyone's ever said we should put them in camps. or suggesting they not be able to vote or legally work, or anything absurd like that.  And, Internet comments on generalities notwithstanding, no one, afaik, is communicating abuse directly at any person in any form they're likely to see or hear it.  (And fwiw, I've seen pictures of you, I think we all have, and we know you're not fat.  So it also involves no indirect personal attack.)

So, no is denying the right of fat people to exist.  I think the bottom line is that the majority don't think fat people are as attractive as thin people, including (hypocritically or not) other fat people.  I dunno what kind of change you want to see in people, short of "You know, it turns out I do prefer women who are heavy."  Which is, in my opinion, a bridge much too far.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2013, 12:50:31 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 19, 2013, 12:04:07 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2013, 10:43:28 AM
Incidentally, I gotta say that based on anecdotal evidence, a lot of situations where people can't lose weight despite "trying" does not come from genetics, or even laziness, but actual ignorance of what is and is not healthy.

Unfortunately, as I said before, losing weight and overally improving one's health requires a considerable shift in life style and (unless you are willing to hire a personal chef) a considerable amount of work - something a lot of people are unable or unwilling to do. So they think that if they buy a "healthy" salad at McDonald's or a ready made "health-option" meal at Tesco (or starve themselves with low nutrition food) they are actually trying to lose weight - and then act all surprised, give up and/or blame genetics when this does jack shit.

And let's not forget that in many places healthy food options come with a price tag - or are even unavailable (e.g. a small town with a couple of Tescos/Walmarts, and no farmer's market).

I dunno, my diet is pretty easy to maintain with stuff bought at the corner store (which admittedly stocks vegitables). I'm a terrible cook and hate cooking, so everything has to be easy.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't specific enough, but I wasn't exactly saying that a rich urban lawyer in Canada lives according to what can be seen as a standard. :P

I think you're pretty off-base to say that food you buy at a Wal-Mart must necessarily be unhealthy.  They've got a lot of vegetarian items, for example.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on March 19, 2013, 09:28:44 PM
I dunno what kind of change you want to see in people, short of "You know, it turns out I do prefer women who are heavy."  Which is, in my opinion, a bridge much too far.

Well you are visiting pro-ana websites.

Anyway, I don't have an issue with the idea that perhaps people should find fat people attractive. After all, we're going to need to if America is going to continue. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2013, 09:41:54 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 19, 2013, 09:28:44 PM
I dunno what kind of change you want to see in people, short of "You know, it turns out I do prefer women who are heavy."  Which is, in my opinion, a bridge much too far.

Well you are visiting pro-ana websites.

Did you miss an "l"?  What?

QuoteAnyway, I don't have an issue with the idea that perhaps people should find fat people attractive. After all, we're going to need to if America is going to continue. :D

It's a free country.  I guess.
Kinemalogue

garbon