News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Things you wish you hadn't quit

Started by FunkMonk, March 07, 2013, 11:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

What are some things you wish you hadn't quit when you were younger?

One thing I wish I had kept doing was playing the piano. I played it as a child but it got to the point where it wasn't fun anymore and I told my parents I wanted to stop. 20 years later I regret that decision.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Skiing and skating.  I took skiing up again when my kids started but I am nowhere near as a good as them.  And now I cant skate at all.

Admiral Yi

fhdz

Piano (I wish I could still read music today) and Spanish (I was fluent up through high school; now I can just barely scrape by).
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Retiring from the military. The civil workforce  :rolleyes:.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Anyone who regrets quitting something... why not pick it up again?

There was a 20 year gap from when I quit curling until I started up again.  And I'm sure glad I did.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

*rushes off to re-enroll in Cub Scouts*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on March 07, 2013, 01:18:50 PM
*rushes off to re-enroll in Cub Scouts*

I'm sure they'd love to have you as a troop leader.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Since I don't have kids, wouldn't they assume I was a child molester? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

There are times I wish that I had kept on sailing (as full time crew) in 1987.  When I got back from the big trip I had an offer to take a boat to Australia then back, but instead I went back to school.

I can see things turning out quite a bit differently...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

fhdz

Quote from: Barrister on March 07, 2013, 01:10:13 PM
Anyone who regrets quitting something... why not pick it up again?

It's a time management issue now. Back when I was in gradeschool, I had all kinds of unstructured time for things like piano, playing in creeks, lighting things on fire...etc. Now when I have unstructured time I am finding I need to use it to do things like keep current on the news, learn home improvement essentials for my house, learn things relevant to my job search and career path. *shrug* Of course I *could* relearn how to read music, but there are other hobbies which seem of higher priority at the moment.

Spanish is probably an easier sell, since after the kids are out of the house it might be possible for SFG and I to move to Mexico.
and the horse you rode in on

Iormlund