No one has said screwing prostitutes. I am disappointed.  :mad:

Because no one's quit doing that! :P
and the horse you rode in on

katmai

No shit, but  I can quit any time!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

All my favorite call girls got old.  Ick.

mongers

Drugs, Sex and Rock'n'Roll, as three seperate activities.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on March 07, 2013, 01:33:29 PM
Since I don't have kids, wouldn't they assume I was a child molester? :hmm:

Yeah, that's the vibe I get from the current pedo-hysteria.

Which is a pity because I get the impression you'd be really good at that sort of voluntary work, what with the way you convey your enthusiasms for history and practical demonstrations/archaeology etc.

Josquius

Karate. As I said in the fitness thread it was increasingly getting that I was a young man there amongst the kids and parents.

Football too. It wasn't like I was bad or anything. I just didn't want to waste valuable time at home, miss watching certain TV shows and other idiocy. And my dad telling me when I was 10 or so that I was never going to be a footballer didn't help. I mean yeah, clearly not, but let a kid dream please.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Piano. I got to the point where I needed to start studying music theory and quit. I wish I hadn't. Though I can still read music and play, not well :(

Also French. I was learning at school. Got lazy and didn't do the work. I wish I'd kept it up.

Looking back I think quitting the clarinet for smoking was a wise choice.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Thinking on it, I wish I'd really kept up drawing as a hobby.  It's just I haven't had as much time/energy for hobbies since, I dunno, senior year of college.  With improved speed, I too could be paid nearly minimum wage by DC comics, when my job wasn't being outsourced entirely to Brazil and Turkey.

Shit, just giving up on really applying myself to art and writing because it didn't offer real job opportunities and security ( LOFUCKINGL) was a bad move really.  Besides the fact that it was something I actually love, as opposed to have a vague and easily dispelled interest in, there's really a case to be made that I'd have found a niche somewhere in comics or film much more readily, and with much less effort (though not to say, less work).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Phillip V

Family was poor when I was a kid, so I miss opportunities lost because of that: childhood sports, music, summer camps, vacations, etc.

Razgovory

I think my problem was never starting things.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on March 11, 2013, 06:01:10 AM
I think my problem was never starting things.

Conversely, I think my problem is on starting way to many things and thus never being able to concentrate on just one or two things at a time.

MadImmortalMan

There are a couple things I wish I'd quit a while ago. Like my job.   :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Drakken

My master's degree, soccer, and playing saxophone.

Caliga

Anyway, while I didn't really 'quit' Boy Scouts I have conflicted feelings about the fact that I lost interest in it and never attained Eagle Scout rank.  I'm kind of bitter about the BSA and their anti-gay stance... if they ever decide to drop that policy, then I guess I will wish I had stuck with Boy Scouts till I got my Eagle.  Until then, I'm really not proud to have been associated with the Boy Scouts.  A friend of mine from my troop who did attain Eagle Scout rank actually 'resigned' his rank as a form of protest against their gay stance (and no, he's not gay).

edit: I'm also not happy that you're supposed to believe in God in order to be a Boy Scout, though I'm not clear how closely that policy is actually 'enforced'.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points