Which City is worse? Detroit or Baltimore?

Started by Syt, May 21, 2009, 05:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which City is Worse?

Detroit
24 (77.4%)
Baltimore
3 (9.7%)
I'd rather be shot in Oxnard.
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

dps

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2009, 06:36:55 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 21, 2009, 02:58:55 PM
Went to Jazz Fest in Detroit one time.  I got the impression if you walked two blocks from the Rennaisance Center you were in downtown Mogadishu.

I got the same impression from Milwaukee when I was there for GenCon 2000. :nerd:

Milwaukee is the worst smelling place I've ever been to, I think.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on May 21, 2009, 09:38:27 PM

I am always amazed just how many cold dark depressing cities with failing economies we have in the United States.  USA!  USA!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 21, 2009, 08:46:41 PM
Oxnard is worse than both.
Also lived there.  :lol:

Not a bad little town, with great weather and uncrowded beaches.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on May 21, 2009, 11:25:31 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 21, 2009, 08:46:41 PM
Oxnard is worse than both.
Also lived there.  :lol:

Not a bad little town, with great weather and uncrowded beaches.

Too many mexicans, at least that is what Jaron tells me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Worse than northern Jersey?

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 21, 2009, 06:56:45 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2009, 06:48:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 21, 2009, 06:40:00 PM
You should have cast fireball.

I'm specced Arcane.  :(

I'm a Paladin with 18 charisma and 97 hit points. I can use my helm of disintegration and do one D4 damage as my half-elf mage wields his plus-five holy avenger.

Good reference.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Obviously I haven't done enough as ambassador of my fair Gritty Kitty(tm) shitty city.
I need to post more stories, like the woman who was shot and killed by a robber because she didn't have enough money on her, and it was insulting to him.
Folks, always carry an extra $20.  The life you save may be your own.

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2009, 06:36:55 PM
I got the same impression from Milwaukee when I was there for GenCon 2000. :nerd:

You should have left GenCon and gotten some fresh air.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2009, 10:36:54 PM

I am always amazed just how many cold dark depressing cities with failing economies we have in the United States.  USA!  USA!

The advantage to being from Detroit is that almost nowhere else in America seems all that bad.  I had a friend who got married in Milwaukee near The Museum of the Black Holocaust:

http://www.blackholocaustmuseum.org/visitor.html

As you might expect it's in one of the worst part of towns; but after years of living in the D it seemed down right pleasant.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on May 22, 2009, 05:48:46 AM

:huh: You are concatenating two posts/opinions.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on May 22, 2009, 08:24:19 AM
The advantage to being from Detroit is that almost nowhere else in America seems all that bad.  I had a friend who got married in Milwaukee near The Museum of the Black Holocaust:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2009, 08:27:22 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on May 22, 2009, 05:48:46 AM

:huh: You are concatenating two posts/opinions.

Yes, I know.