Will the Government shut down on the 27th of March?

Started by jimmy olsen, February 24, 2013, 05:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I swear she said "Seacrestation" at least a couple times.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2013, 02:19:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 28, 2013, 10:39:33 AM
Oh, and the White House threatening Bob Woodward is also pretty hilarious.

The man's been threatened since 1972.  He's used to it.

No drones* in 72.  :tinfoil:

* of course there were, just that they were called RPVs and didn't end up winning those wars either.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Well the House bill failed to pass the Senate. So is the world ending now?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 28, 2013, 04:16:44 PM

COunter-offer by Senate? 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

The president oddly started backtracking on his doom & gloom scenario today.  He said the effects won't be felt immediately :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on February 28, 2013, 04:37:31 PM

The president oddly started backtracking on his doom & gloom scenario today.  He said the effects won't be felt immediately :D

Of course... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

I thought everybody understood the effects wouldn't be felt immediately.  Only Wall Street could fuck shit up that bad.

MadImmortalMan

The effect began to be felt a while back actually. They've been preparing for a while.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Meh, the market still closed above 14,000 today, so obviously the wealthy aren't worried about it.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2013, 06:30:39 PM

I thought everybody understood the effects wouldn't be felt immediately.  Only Wall Street could fuck shit up that bad.

No, in fact the community organizer in chief seemed to be pushing the opposite notion.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on February 28, 2013, 07:08:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2013, 06:30:39 PM

No, in fact the community organizer in chief seemed to be pushing the opposite notion.

I think he's pulling a "Romney" now... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

the community organizer in chief

lol, really, derfetuss?  That worked in his first year, but we're in Year V now.  C'mon.   :P

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2013, 07:29:28 PM

lol, really, derfetuss?  That worked in his first year, but we're in Year V now.  C'mon.   :P

Derspeiss prefers failed businessmen as Presidents.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 28, 2013, 07:29:28 PM

Well I thought it was appropriate, given that the president has spent more time going around agitating than governing.