And we're back!

Main Menu

Woman Found Dead at Oscar Pistorius' Home

Started by Sheilbh, February 14, 2013, 01:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Yes, I've found Tarantino films to be representative of every day life.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2013/feb/20/oscar-pistorius-bail-hearing-day-two-live-coverage

QuoteProsecution outlines case against Oscar Pistorius - live coverage
LIVE• Police say Reeva Steenkamp shot while hiding in toilet
• Testosterone and steroids found at athlete's house – police
• Defence: 'It was a herbal remedy'
• Pistorius faces additional charges for unlicenced ammunition
• Live coverage as bail hearing continues

'roid rage??
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Drakken

Quote from: Phillip V on February 19, 2013, 04:12:42 PM
Girlfriend had locked herself in the bathroom. Pistorious shot at the door 4 times and then broke in with a cricket bat. (according to his testimony)

Must have been pretty mad, she succeeded in closing the door before he could put his foot in.

mongers

Why is this story getting so much news coverage, over here on several different channels it's been the main news story for several days ?

For me, I guess it's a good litmus test for lazy journalism and news programmes that have given up their news gathering ethos, preferring to peddle sensationalism and little more than celebrity gossip, rather than the important things going on in the world.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

The only important thing going on in the world is the Syrian civil war, and there's nothing new on that right now.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 20, 2013, 03:53:35 PM
The only important thing going on in the world is the Syrian civil war, and there's nothing new on that right now.
Malian civil war? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on February 20, 2013, 03:59:03 PM
Malian civil war? :hmm:

Conceded.  Looks like the competitive portion of that game is over though.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 20, 2013, 03:53:35 PM

Really ?

There's a good one over here not being covered much, in April around 10% of our electricity generating capacity is being de-commissioned.

In large part due to short termism in UK politics, something as basic as power supply is going to be somewhat problematic for the next 4-5 years. 

fhdz

Quote from: mongers on February 20, 2013, 03:51:51 PM
Why is this story getting so much news coverage, over here on several different channels it's been the main news story for several days ?

For me, I guess it's a good litmus test for lazy journalism and news programmes that have given up their news gathering ethos, preferring to peddle sensationalism and little more than celebrity gossip, rather than the important things going on in the world.

They do this because we - the viewing public - have told them and keep telling them this is the stuff we want.
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Quote from: fahdiz on February 20, 2013, 04:07:53 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 20, 2013, 03:51:51 PM

They do this because we - the viewing public - have told them and keep telling them this is the stuff we want.

Really?

And that's a good thing ?