And we're back!

Main Menu

Valentine's Day...

Started by Ed Anger, February 13, 2013, 09:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: merithyn on February 15, 2014, 11:59:24 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 15, 2014, 11:48:34 PM
No one can take offense if you go through first and hold the door open from the inside.

But that's so awkward. :(
you could do the push as you pass. It says you want to be polite and keep the door open, but don't want to make eye contact :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Richard Hakluyt

No one can take offense if you go through first and hold the door open from the inside.

Yeah, that would seem to be the way to go.

crazy canuck

Not sure why that is awkward for you.  Just seems good manners no matter who you are holding the door for.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 17, 2014, 01:25:53 PM

Not sure why that is awkward for you.  Just seems good manners no matter who you are holding the door for.

Because I prefer to hold the door from behind and allow the person to enter first, since I'm short, have shorter arms, and can't easily hold the door from the inside?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on February 14, 2014, 09:35:33 PM
I didn't get anything this year yet :(
Seeing some girls tonight though, so fingers crossed

Please tell me you aren't talking about candy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Oh yes they can.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on February 17, 2014, 01:41:57 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 17, 2014, 01:25:53 PM

Because I prefer to hold the door from behind and allow the person to enter first, since I'm short, have shorter arms, and can't easily hold the door from the inside?

Isnt it possible for you to stand to the side while holding the door and then proceeding after them?

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 17, 2014, 02:03:50 PM
Isnt it possible for you to stand to the side while holding the door and then proceeding after them?

:mellow:

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on February 17, 2014, 02:07:22 PM

I just cant picture how being short and having short arms makes it difficult to hold the door open for someone coming in behind you.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 17, 2014, 02:10:18 PM

I just cant picture how being short and having short arms makes it difficult to hold the door open for someone coming in behind you.

It just dawned on me that we're talking about the door swinging in two different direction.

I'm talking about when the door swings toward you, trying to walk through and then hold the door behind you. I can't do that. I don't have enough arm-length to get the leverage to hold a heavy door open.

You're talking about when the door swings out. Yes, when that happens, I will often go through and just hold the door on the other side.

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on February 17, 2014, 02:18:39 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 17, 2014, 02:10:18 PM

It just dawned on me that we're talking about the door swinging in two different direction.

I'm talking about when the door swings toward you, trying to walk through and then hold the door behind you. I can't do that. I don't have enough arm-length to get the leverage to hold a heavy door open.

You're talking about when the door swings out. Yes, when that happens, I will often go through and just hold the door on the other side.

Ah, yes that clarifies it for me.

LaCroix

Quote from: merithyn on February 15, 2014, 06:51:46 PMI dunno. Max and I came up with our own last name and chucked both his and my family names. I'm not sure what that means in terms of who owns what where when or how, but we now have a really cool last name. :cool:

what? is this a thing? who came up with that idea, and where did it come from?

merithyn

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2014, 02:59:44 PM
Quote from: merithyn on February 15, 2014, 06:51:46 PMI dunno. Max and I came up with our own last name and chucked both his and my family names. I'm not sure what that means in terms of who owns what where when or how, but we now have a really cool last name. :cool:

what? is this a thing? who came up with that idea, and where did it come from?

It was a thing for us. I don't remember who's idea it was (his or mine). The name was just something that we came up with that we both really liked. It has a meaning that we liked, and we liked how both of our names sounded with it.

LaCroix

Quote from: merithyn on February 17, 2014, 03:17:15 PMIt was a thing for us. I don't remember who's idea it was (his or mine). The name was just something that we came up with that we both really liked. It has a meaning that we liked, and we liked how both of our names sounded with it.

i've never heard of that before. is it a real last name or completely made up/fake last name (like naming a girl "apple")?